Chapter Twenty-Two: Fighting And Angry Mothers

Start from the beginning

I dove into the passenger side when he opened the door and curled up in the front seat, my face in my knees as I shook. I heard the driver's side door slam and his arms were instantly around me. Instinctively, I shied away from him, afraid I'd lose myself completely and attack him.

"Ashlyn, you're safe," Kyle said gently, waiting for me to come to him.

"It's not me I'm worried about, its you. I don't want to hurt you," I muttered, looking away out the window as my gums throbbed painfully. Kyle sighed softly and reached towards me, wrapping his fingers around mine. After a moment, I pulled my hand back then intertwined our fingers. As soon as I felt my incisors retreat back into their normal size, I turned and dove into Kyle's arms, pressing my face into his warm chest.

"I've got you, I've got you..." He whispered into my hair, kissing my head gently as he combed his fingers through my hair soothingly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get so angry. I don't know why I did," I said pressing my face into Kyle's neck. He gently pulled me into his lap and I sat with my back to the driver's side door, face in his neck and his arms around me.

"It's because, even with how little there might be, there's Canis Lupus DNA in you. You have an animalistic spirit, even if it's not very strong. And put that on top of being a vampire, I'm not surprised you did," Kyle murmured, trying to explain. "Do you feel better now?" he asked after a moment as my breathing slowed.

"Yes... You're doing that aren't you?" I mumbled, nuzzling his neck. Kyle chuckled and nodded slightly.

"Technically, yes. Being around me calms you because I'm your mate and your soul realizes that," he smiled. I sat back and looked at Kyle, his hands resting on my waist.

"Is that why when you're so mad you always want to be touching me?" I asked turning my head to the side. Kyle nodded and smiled at me affectionately.

"Yeah," he said laughing slightly. "You're the only one who can calm me when I'm so angry," he said pressing his face into my neck and I bit my lip, blushing in embarrassment. I draped my arms over his shoulders and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Who taught you all of this?" I asked curiously and Kyle looked up at me, blue eyes becoming sad.

"Mainly my father, but before that my mom..." he whispered and my eyes widened. "She started teaching me everything about being a wolf when I was younger so I could be a good alpha when my time came, but... She died before she could finish so my dad took up the teaching role," Kyle said quietly, the pain in his voice making my heart throb achingly.

"I'm sorry... What was she like?" I asked, hoping talking about her would make him happier. Kyle smiled and looked up at me.

"She was kind and compassionate, everyone loved her. I think that's why my pack wasn't very big on the idea of you being Alpha Female yet; because they feel like their Alpha Female is being replaced." Kyle mumbled, looking down. A wave of anxiety ran through me at the idea. How was I ever going to prove myself to a pack still grieving their late Alpha Female?

"She would of loved you," Kyle said tucking my hair back behind my ear. "She loved everyone, really; but she would've loved you a lot," he said smiling to himself. I looked down, feeling embarrassed again.

"She would approve of you, you know. She would agree with me when I say you're absolutely perfect to lead our pack." Kyle said lifting my chin and staring warmly into my eyes. "That everything about you is perfect." I could feel a tear induced lump rising in my throat and gently grabbed Kyle's wrist, moving it away as I looked down at my lap.

"You're wrong... There's so many things wrong with me. I don't know how to replace your mom, and honestly I don't think I want to. She sounds incredible and here I am, the freaking vampire your pack is expected to just magically welcome as their leader. I can't be the Alpha anyone wants..." I rambled, all my insecurities tumbling from my mouth the moment I opened it. Kyle was listening to me quietly, an empathetic look on his face.

"I know, it's all so much. But you're capable of amazing things Ashlyn Coleman; there's a reason we were put together. To guide eachother, to love eachother, and to lead our pack. The fact that I'm your mate and you are mine is proof that you can overcome whatever is thrown at you," Kyle said doubtlessly. His faith in me and without-a-doubt tone made me smile slightly in appreciation.

"Thank you Kyle," I said leaning in to kiss him but my phone started vibrating in my pocket and Kyle pursed his lips in displeasure. I smiled and dug my phone out of my pocket, pecking him quickly on the lips before answering. My heart dropped as my mom's angry voice came through the phone.

"Ashlyn Grace Coleman get your ass home right now!" she yelled and I flinched, looking at Kyle nervously who looked just as startled. Mom never cused.

"M-mom, please let me explain," I said pleadingly.

"Oh you'll be doing plenty of explaining once you get here and I'll make sure to call your father so he can hear it too!" She shouted and I held my phone away from my ear.

"Mom, I'm sorry," I apologized anxiously, voice quivering. Kyle wrapped his arms around my waist, trying to comfort me.

"Good. Now have Kyle bring you home this instant," She said in an angry whisper before the call ended. My phone fell from my shaking fingers and I covered my face with my hands as I shook.

"Ashlyn, it's alright!" Kyle said hugging me tightly. I gripped the front of his sweatshirt as I pressed my face into his neck, wanting to disappear.

"I've never heard her sound that angry..." I mumbled softly.

"I know you're nervous, but I need to take you home regardless. Avoiding her won't help," Kyle told me and I nodded, sitting back down in my seat. Kyle took my hand after he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot and towards my house.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked looking over at Kyle. He nodded as he lifted our intertwined hands to his lips, kissing the back of my hand.

"Always."

~~~
Oof, long chapter XD that's okay, I think I'll start trying to make them longer. Any who, make sure you stay tuned for the next chapter where we meet angry mom and Ashlyn absolutely despises her punishment 😄
That's all for this chapter, see you in the next one!

Wolf Girl out~!🐺✌️