Chapter 99: The Phone Call

Start from the beginning

"Agitated? Why--"

"Yeah, agitated. Were you excited when I told you?"

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I was an idiot back then, but yes I was really excited and then I was really angry at myself for not realizing it by myself before. So, agitated?"

"Oh! Look at the time. I'm getting sleepy. Maybe by the time I wake up, I'll get a message or a call from Aiden."

"Anna!"

"Sweet dreams, my precious little Alpha. I love you."

I angrily stabbed the steak with my fork and then slashed it with the knife, ignoring Caleb's worried gaze on me

I angrily stabbed the steak with my fork and then slashed it with the knife, ignoring Caleb's worried gaze on me. Aiden had called this morning to say something like I'm so happy. He's so perfect. I'll call you later. By the way, he's also the youngest son of the Oasis Mountain Pack's Beta. Then, he'd hung up. 

Obviously, he'd expected me to flip and he'd been damn right! Two of the sons of the Oasis Mountain Pack's Beta were great, but this one... Hudson Evans, the third son, was an eighteen years old problematic boy who refused to train and spent most, if not all, of his time pranking people. He was also Kevin's younger brother. That devil was worse than the Maddox brothers together.

My pure innocent Aiden was mated to that boy. He wasn't a bad kid, but ugh... He would be such a bad influence. I can't... I just can't... I took a deep breath. I was happy for him. He'd found his mate and they were together and everything was right.

"You were so happy this morning. Why are you so pissed off now?" Caleb rubbed my back.

I smiled at him. "I'm worried that he'll let that boy manipulate him."

Samuel mind-linked me: 'Well, calm down. The pack members are getting uncomfortable.'

It was true. The pack members were eating quietly don't daring to look our way.

'Don't worry, Anna. If you're not feeling good now, you can go rest.' Caleb kissed my right temple and nuzzled up against my cheek making me giggle at the tingles.

"Young love is so beautiful." Chloe wiped off an imaginary tear. Evidently, she had spent too much time with Samuel.

There was no point in keep sulking. I would just wait for Aiden's call and talk things out. Also, today we were doing one of my favorite activities: we were taking all of the pack children to the petting zoo. We called it a zoo, but it was actually a farm of free-range pet chickens that Caleb gave me to celebrate our first month together. He'd had a chicken farm built just for me. I adore him.

"Better now?" Caleb grinned as he crouched down in front of me

"Much better." I squirmed as the brown chicken on my head tried to eat my hair. 

Fits of laughter escaped Caleb as the serama hen on my right leg almost pooped on me, but I pushed it away just in time. He shook his head and stood up to go walk around. It was only us and a couple of pack members, but with such trustworthy Alpha, the almost sixty kids we brought here were safe.

"Luna Anna! Now this one!" A little girl placed a huge bantam chicken on my right shoulder. The chicken pecked on the beauty mark on the side of my neck. Here I was, sitting on the green grass leg-crossed in the middle of a corral, while children placed chickens on me.

"Anna! Look at this!"

My mate was calling me, so I pushed the chickens off me but carefully picked up the baby chicks and placed them on the floor before running to him. A squeal resounded across the field as my eyes landed on the hen with probably a day-old babies that Caleb had pointed me to. Yep, that'd been me.

We spent probably half an hour running around the field and playing with the kids before going drop off the kids. Then, Caleb an I went for a run in our wolves forms. 

As soon as we walked through the door, Caleb pulled me toward him and pressed his lips against mine. I cupped his cheeks and deepened the kiss.

We need to shower!

'I'll take you there and in there.' He smirked against my lips.

I let myself get lost in his hot hungry kiss.

Just when he had pulled me up, my cell phone rang. Usually, I would ignore it, but what if it was Aiden? Caleb put me down and I pulled my phone from my back pocket. The caller was Tony, though. I wasn't in the mood for chit-chat, but last week he said that he'd only call me if it was an emergency.

I picked up the call. 'What do you want?' 

'Anna, your uncle entered the country this morning.'

My heart caught in my throat and my hands began shaking. Caleb whom at first had just stared at me wide-eyed, pulled me into a comforting hug. His heart was beating as fast as mine. Without him to hold me I would probably have crumpled to the floor. We both were scared, but we had already decided what to do when this happened. We would fight.

~~ T H E  E N D~~