Chapter 5: Xander the Charmer

Anna

It was Friday night. After what happened that I desperately needed a drink, so Alexandra brought me to what she called "the hottest nightclub" in town. To be honest, this was more like a bar with a small area for dancing and a couple of sofas with some conspicuous stains. She pulled me to dance, but I am not big in country dance. Is there a salsa club in this town?  Probably not. I might need to learn how to dance country music.

After only 3 shots Alexandra excused herself because her mate was mindlinking her. It was only 11:10 pm. 

"Do you want Mike to give you a ride or I could call you a cab?" asked Alexandra stepping off her barstool. 

"Do not worry. The night is young." I took a shot and showed her the empty glass.

"Ok. Do not go overboard. But, have fun and get yourself a hunk." She winked and left.

I sighed. It must be nice having a loving mate. I rested my chin on my left arm and stared to my empty shot glass in my right hand. I banged my head on the counter lightly and called the bartender. 

"Give me a bottle of Jack!" I yelled.

"Are you sure, miss? That might be too much for you alone," the young bartender said.

"Are you a bartender or my dad?" I huffed annoyed.

"Add four Cherry Blueberry Apple Sangrias" said a smooth voice behind me. After a moment, I saw the most exquisite piece of man sitting by my side on the barstool previously occupied by Alexandra. "On me" he added. My mouth watered. 

This guy was fine... to say the least. I could see his muscles marked below his shirt, he had short facial hair and piercing emerald eyes. My mate-to-be was boyish handsome but this guy in front of me was the definition of manly and sexy. What wouldn't I do to him...? Larentia growled at my dirty thoughts. Weren't you depressed just a moment ago? she questioned. I was, but I appreciate nature's art when it is in front of me. He cleared his throat. Oh shoot!

"Cherry Blueberry Apple Sangrias?" I arched one eyebrow and gave him my are-you-serious-dude?  look.

"Both you and me know that bottle of Jack's might probably just give you tickles in your stomach. If we are getting drunk, we are doing it with style." He winked.

"So we are getting drunk, like together?" I pointed him and me with a smirk. 

"Can't let the most beautiful woman in the club drinking all by herself, can't I?"

"Cheesy..." I rolled my eyes.

"So what does a gorgeous she-wolf do drinking all by herself here?" he asked cupping my right hand.

"I do not know, what does a mated wolf does in a club all by himself?" I arched one eyebrow and he stiffened.

"H-how did you...?" he stuttered.

I grinned."I didn't. You just admitted it yourself." 

"Oh, look at you. Aren't you the fisher-woman?" he recovered and smirked.

"What can I say? I have been around for a while."

"You sound like an old lady." He chuckled.

"Maybe, I am." 

"No, you are not. You are just beautiful."

"Still flirting after admitting that you have a mate. That's so wrong."

"I did have a mate... who left me for another wolf... four years ago... on this same date."

"Oh my... I am so sorry." I squeezed his hand and he gave me a sad smile.