Chapter 39: More Photos

Anna

Today is Monday. Luna Marcy had asked me to come to the pack house for a surprise. However, when I got there, there were only some pack members whom I am not particularly close to.

After aimlessly walking around the house for a while, I found myself in the garden Caleb showed me. It is already a little chilly outside but still bearable. Most trees have already lost all of their leaves. I sat on a large bench gazing at the fountain in the middle of the garden. It has a sculpture of a fat ugly fish spitting water upwards. I giggled thinking about how someone actually paid for that visually uncomfortable fish-thing.

A few minutes after the laughter left my lips someone ran in my direction and pulled me into a hug.

"I knew it was you!" said Caleb as he squeezed the air out of me. He sat down next to me and talked to someone by the door. "See, I told you she was here!"

Samuel slowly walked out of the door snickering. Caleb turned to me.

"Anna, why didn't you tell me you were coming?" he asked.

"Your mom called me as I was going to my apartment. She said I should be here as soon as possible."

"I understand." Caleb's eyes were downcast. "May I stay in your apartment again tonight?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Well, that was fast," said Samuel as he sat by my other side.

I turned to him. "We were watching movies until late night and went straight to sleep afterward. Don't get weird ideas." My attention went back to Caleb. "It's a school night. Wait until the weekend." I kissed his cheek.

"This weekend?" he asked, showing me the most adorable boyish grin.

Samuel wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his side. "Yay! Sleepover at Anna's place!"

Caleb gave him a low threatening growl. I stared into Caleb's golden eyes and wriggled my way out of Samuel's grasp. I put one hand on each side of his face and placed soft kisses all over his face. Caleb relaxed and laughed.

"C'mon guys. Stop eating bread in front of the starved," said Samuel.

I pulled away from Caleb. "Oh, I am so-" I froze when I smelt him. The corners of my lips shot upwards in a wide smile. I stood up and ran toward the main door of the pack house.

"Alex!" I yelled as I jumped into his open arms. He caught me and spun around. He stopped only when we heard someone clear his throat. It was Alpha Aaron. Alex put me back on the ground.

"Elena!" I hugged my best friend.

She smiled. "I am actually offended you ran into Alex's arms instead of mine. You should have greeted me first. Traitor."

I pulled away and stuck out my tongue to her. "I like him better than I like you," I said.

"And I also like her better." Alex put his arm across my shoulders.

Elena pouted. "You two are so mean."

I noticed many of Caleb's pack members looking at us. Some had their mouths wide open while others had their eyebrows furrowed. They looked so confused. The three of us laughed.

I curtsied. "Alpha Alexander. Emily. Pleased to meet you again." Even when I try to be polite I cannot help but do my best to annoy Elena. We laughed even harder.

Alpha Aaron silently signaled me to look behind me. I turned around. My little Alpha looked so sad. His head hung low and he was gripping his own hands. I turned my gaze to Samuel, his eyes were glazed and he had a hand on Caleb's shoulder. I walked over to Caleb and laced one arm with his and pulled him forward with me. He staggered a little and looked at me with raised eyebrows and his mouth slightly open.