Chapter 28: Choose Me - Part 1

A/N: Comment what you think about the Anna, Caleb and Xander! It really helps me a lot when you do so. BTW: 'Her Younger Mate' is #38 in Werewolf! Thank you all so much. I remember when it was #837 not too long ago. You are awesome.

Anna and Alexander were now in Anna's living room glaring and growling lowly at each other. 

"Take your stuff and get out of my apartment!" said Anna.

Xander's eyes softened.

"Anna, please... Let's talk this out."

"You want to talk? Fine, talk! Tell me why are you acting like a jealous jerk?"

"Because I care about you. If it was any other girl I would not mind, but you are important to me."

Anna scoffed. "Yeah. Yeah. Get out," she said signaling to the door and waving her hand.

"I am not leaving until we talk!" Alexander reached for her hand but she shoved his hand away.

"What were we doing just now? Singing?"

"Don't begin with your sarcasm. I do not want to leave you angry with me."

"What I feel did not seem to matter when you dragged me out of the club even though you were the one flirting with other girls."

"You began when you decided to dance in that dress in front of all those guys! You cannot have possibly missed how they were looking at you and then you were touching another man. How was I supposed to act? It is enough having to compete with your mate."

"You should have let me do whatever I wanted. I was just dancing! Do I have to hide and not have fun because you get jealous? That is ridiculous. You are not even my boyfriend." 

Alexander's eyes darkened and he lowered his gaze. "It is not like that, Anna."

"Then, how is-" Anna shook her head and raised her voice. "You know what? Just leave already." 

"I already told you. I am not leaving like this. Let's talk."

Anna sighed. "If we are going to talk, let's do it right. Be completely honest with me and I will be honest with you." Since he refused to leave anyway, Anna decided to take the chance to find out something that had been bugging her for the longest time. 

Xander stayed silent and nodded.

"Tell me your name, rank, pack... and age."

"My name is Alexander Hunter. I am the Alpha of the Blood River Pack... I am thirty-three years old."

Anna scoffed. She already knew that much. As a Beta she had memorized the information of the Alphas and Betas from all packs across the country; She was in the process of learning about other packs around the world.

"Answer the same question," said Xander.

"I am Anna Amores, Beta of the Silver Fang Pack, and I am twenty-two. Why did you lie about your age?"

"Because you are much younger, and so you could not get accurate information about me even if you tried. When I met you I wanted you to get to know me and not my title. I did not expect you to be the Beta from a rival pack."

He already suspected that she was the Beta of the Silver Fang pack since the moment she mentioned that she was an unmated Beta. He had heard about her. She 'negotiated' with other packs and even with rogues, either by enticing them or by force; She always obtained what she wanted. Alexander considered her set of skills to be valuable but disliked her defiant behavior. He was raised to be a traditionalist and she was a deviant from every norm he had been taught. In his eyes, she is an accomplished warrior, but she would not make a good Luna. However, he could not get himself to let her go without a fight.