Chapter 45 Part 1

^Pic of someone you guys will meet ;)

HUDSON

"Oh for fu-I mean duck's sake! Would you stop being so jumpy! You're making me nervous."

I chuckled quietly as I heard Breydon snap at Boston for being jittery while Lucy scolded him for his language. Boston was on edge for the past two days ever since he found out his mate was coming and everyone could feel it.

There was a loud groan and a head slammed on my desk, causing me to look up. Boston buried his head in his arms and spoke in a muffled tone, "When will they get here? My wolf is driving me up the wall."

"Maybe you need to get laid," I smirked, remembering our conversation before Alexis and I met.

He popped his head up and glared, before grabbing the stapler, "I'll break your nose with this. I'm waiting it out for my mate."

I rolled my eyes and smiled at the thought of my own mate, "Good idea. Just a few more hours and you can do whatever you'd like together."

He stayed silent for a few seconds, but I could tell he was facing some inner turmoil.

"What if she doesn't want me?" He asked, almost hesitantly.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Matthew look up in shock and Breydon spit his coffee out, while my face displayed a mix of confusion and curiosity.

"Let me get this straight, you think your mate is going to reject you? The wolf who is the complete opposite of the rest of us. Are you kidding me?" I asked incredulously.

He blinked once and furrowed his eyebrows as if he didn't get what I was trying point out. 

Breydon cleared his throat, "What Hudson means is that if our mates could accept us, why won't yours? You're a much more humble and respectful wolf than the rest of us. I still don't know what ran through Lucy's pretty little head when she walked into my arms."

I glared at him, "My sister did not walk into your arms. You-"

"And we're getting off topic," Breydon said loudly, cutting me off, "Your mate will accept you, Boston."

Boston sighed, "I hope so."

I exchanged a look with Matthew, who was staring at a list of all the abroad wolves.

It might have been Boston's jumpiness getting to me, but I couldn't shake off the feeling of uneasiness when I thought of his mate.

***

"Alpha Hudson, Luna Alexis, the trackers have arrived. They're driving through the border now."

Alexis lifted her head from my chest and got up excitedly, "I can't wait to meet these people, not to mention our new Gamma female."

I groaned, feeling the emptiness in my arms, but got up anyway. Alexis was slipping into one of my hoodies, making my wolf purr in delight – he loved knowing that our mate was covered in our scent. 

"How do I look?" Alexis said, flipping her hair dramatically and posing. 

 I scratched my head awkwardly and tried to figure out how to word this, "Cute? I don't know. I'm not the right person to ask. All I see is my mate covered in my clothes and it's just boosting my ego."