"It's amazing!"

She grabs my arm and starts pulling me inside, her quick pace yet again throwing me off guard and making me stumble a bit.

"Slow down love, it's not going to disappear."

I laugh out as we rush through the door of the first large greenhouse. She stops abruptly, looking around at the greenery in amazement, like a kid in a candy store. I thought this would be place she would love, considering she is a nature mage. It looks like I was right.

"Pick out whatever you like."

She turns to me, a look of disbelief on her face.

"I'll end up liking a lot, are you sure?"

"Positive. As long as you want, whatever you want."

We spent a good two hours in the nursery, going over the entire place. She would run over to a flower or plant she liked and tell me what it was called, where is was originally from, whether or not it was edible, ancient medicinal uses...symbolism in certain religions. I found myself enraptured by her deep knowledge, and her child like excitement.

She picked out at least a dozen different plants,  daisies, rose and coral cactus, foxgloves, honeysuckle, May Bells, Stargazer lily bulbs, as well as blue, white and purple orchids. I made note of all the other flowers she looked at, making sure to remember her favorites for future reference.

When we were leaving, she tried to pay, but I  wouldn't have it. Vehemently explaining that because I planned the date, I cover everything. No exceptions. It took a few minutes to convince my stubborn little mate, but she eventually gave in. Besides, it's not like I can't afford to spoil her, and I greatly enjoy doing it.

After loading up the plants in the backseat, we get in and start heading to our next destination. Her surprise about there being more than one stop making me chuckle.

"You didn't really think this was it, did you doll?"

"Well, it was much more than I was expecting. I've been on a few dates before, and this one already tops them all."

Other dates? The thought flares up my jealousy, she's dated? I didn't know that. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've dated before...it's just the idea of her being with other guys makes me a bit...territorial.

"Other dates?"

I try to ask in a normal voice, and I fail miserably. Turning her head to me, a tiny grin tugs at the corners of her mouth.

"Are you jealous, Butch?"

"...Maybe a little."

She chuckles at my tone, and then she sighs.

"Don't be. They were all blind first dates that never made it past the one, some didn't even last an hour because they were so awful."

"That bad?"

I ponder out loud, it being very obvious that I'm relieved...mostly. As much as I'm kinda glad she's never seriously dated anyone else, I'm not happy about the ideas of her terrible dates.

"Honestly, two of them had the opening line of 'I'm so-and-so, when are we sleeping together?', and one of them ended with the guy asking if I wanted to be in a foursome."

The growl that Jackson and I produce is so violent I'm surprised we managed to keep it just in our head. That was her experience with dates? Goddess that's screwed up. Then again...

"I have had dates that went like that."

I admit in slightly agitated voice, knowing that particular situation perfectly.

"Seriously?"

I nod."In High school. But it usually didn't get asked on the first date."

It goes quiet for a moment, and I can almost hear her hears turning in that beautiful head of hers.

"Is that why you dated so much?"

The loose ended question seemed difficult for her to ask, like she both wanted to know...but also didn't.

"Yes...a good portion of the girls I dated just wanted a physical relationship, nothing else, so I broke it off. There was only one girl I had a long term relationship with, and it didn't really last long either."

I don't know why I told her all that, maybe because I wanted her to know the truth. Wanted to reassure her that I've never been with anyone the way I want to be with her...

"I guess it's safe to assume that she was tall, brunette and a pain in the ass?"

She replies, and I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah...she wasn't like that when I first started dating her...but, it is why we ended...the biggest reason anyway."

It gets quiet for a while, and I start to wonder if bringing up exes on a first date was a bad idea.

I sigh. "I probably shouldn't have-"

"No, don't worry about it. I like the honesty, that way we can start off right. Honest from the get-go."

I look at her from the corner of my eye, catching her soft expression as she stares at me.

"So, where are we going next?"

I chuckle. "We're already here."

I motion towards the parking lot I just pulled into. The small, retro building both looking out of place and fitting right in.

"There's nothing like homemade ice cream after exploring through hot green houses. And this is the best place to get it."

Her smile nearly splits her face in half, her eyes become the size of saucers.

"You are incredible! How did you know I was craving ice cream?"

She jumps out of the car before I can answer, a bit of pride swelling in my chest at her compliment.

It's my duty to know anything and everything about her, and I will greatly enjoy learning even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my Goddess...it's March 27th...it's my birthday!! 🎉🎈🎁🎂🎉🎈 I'm 21 today! Omg! I'm a legal adult now! Anyway, part two of the date will be up soon, yes there is more 😊 so keep an eye out!