"Like something you see, big boy?"

His eyes flash to mine, that trademark smirk slanting his mouth sideways.

"You look gorgeous babydoll."

I bite my lip, the heat that rushes to my cheeks is practically routine by now.

"You don't look so bad yourself, handsome."

I can swear I saw his eyes turn black for a split second, jaw ticking as it clenches.

"I'm not overdressed, am I?"

I ask curiously, and he steps forward to run a hand down my cheek, brushing down my neck and across my bare shoulder. The warm sparks dance across my skin, I don't know how he does it but it feels amazing.

"You're perfect, trust me babydoll."

He assures in a husky voice as he grabs my hand and raises it to his lips, pressing a kiss to the back of it softly. I don't hide the smile that the sweet action brings to my face.

"You ready to go?"

He asks after releasing my hand, and I shut the door and lock it behind me. Hopefully Zuzu behaves himself while I'm gone.

"Yeah, so where exactly are we going?"

"I told you it's a surprise, you'll have to wait and see."

I pout a bit as I follow him down the stairs, his smile wide as he opens the passenger door for me, the dimples on his cheeks appearing.

"You're such a gentleman."

I murmur as I slide into his car, his chuckle muted as he shuts the door behind me. He cranks up after he gets in, turning up the radio as we put on our seat-belts. Cruise by Florida-Georgia line playing in the background as he starts driving to the road.

"You're not even gonna give me a hint?"

He shakes his head, continuing down the road.

"I don't want you to figure it out before we get there, so no. It'll be worth it, I promise."

I sigh and lean back in the seat, watching the road through the windshield. The ideas of what he's planning whirling through my head.

~~~~~~~~~~

Butch

"Butch, come on, let me see!"

My mate begs, and I am honestly tempted to cave. I don't though, keeping my hands over her eyes as we walk to our first stop for our date.

"In a minute doll, we're not quite there yet."

She huffs impatiently, and I chuckle. Finally, I stop us in front of the giant sign, and pull my hands from her face.

'Dale's Plant Nursery' is written in bold red letters, a rose on either side of the title. Tempest stares at the sign in surprise, and I suddenly feel a little nervous.

"What do you think?" I ask, a bit worried.

She grins widely, her eyes glimmering in excitement. Relief washes through me.