The Book

(Your Perspective)

PJ frantically fumbled with his phone as my vision became blurry with tears. I stared at Dan's cold, unmoving face...

I didn't believe it. I couldn't. He wasn't-

Gone?

I stared in disbelief at the empty space that used to hold my boyfriend. He was... Gone. Disappeared. Blinked out of existence. My mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water, struggling to find words to say.

"P-PJ," I began.

"What?" He panicked, almost dropping his phone in the process. He looked over to me, and froze. "Where the hell did he go?"

"How should I know?" I sobbed, angry and confused. "He was right here!"

"He can't be... Wait."

"What?"

"Look around." He paused, waiting for me to do so, then continued. "Phil's gone, too."

And he was. They both were. The room was still covered in ice and snow, but Dan and Phil were absolutely nowhere to be found. It was almost as if they'd never been there in the first place.

"How do we get them back?" I asked.

PJ took a deep breath, and then a heavy sigh. Taking a paranoid glance around, he locked eyes with me again. "Look, I was hoping nothing would have to come to this, but I have a plan for things like this."

I gave him an incredulous look. "You've planned for Phil going ice-crazy, and he and Dan going missing?"

"Not that specifically, but for all intensive purposes, yes."

"Well, color me surprised."

"Where'd that saying come from, last century?" PJ joked. I stared at him. He cleared his throat. "Not the time for jokes, right. Come on."

Without another word, he stood up and raced down the hallway, and I had no choice but to follow him. "Where are we going?"

"Shh." He walked straight into his bedroom, and directly to his bookshelf, where he pulled out a bright green book. "They said this is only for emergencies, and this definitely qualifies."

He slowly opened the cover, revealing a golden, shimmery light within. I gaped at the book as he reached his hand into the pages. Then his arm, then shoulders, then...

The book fell to the ground as the entirety of PJ disappeared into the light. I panicked and kicked the book, but instead of it careening across the floor as I hoped, it grabbed my foot. I too began disappearing into it's golden pages.

I screamed, my grip on reality fading as quickly as my control of the situation. I held onto my only coherent thought: We have to find them. 

 Author's Note!

I knowwww this is short and I made y'all wait sevenever for this update, but it took me forever to write! I'm soooo excited for where this story is going, and I hope 'all are too! I love you guys, thanks for reading!

Drop your predictions here >>>>> 

Byyyyyyyyye!

MostlySleepDeprived