Sleepover :)

-Dan's Perspective-

I finally calmed down while we were watching the movie. It was a great movie, so I think focusing on the story helped me think more clearly. Phil had gotten the popcorn separated into two huge bowls. One was on the table and another I was holding- I liked popcorn okay?!

The Chinese had arrived really late. We were about fifteen minutes into the movie when the delivery guy finally arrived with our precious food! It was piping hot. By the time it was cooled though, the food was almost gone because we were so hungry.

The movie was almost done, and it was action packed by this point. I was entranced with the screen, and didn't look when I reached for more popcorn. Just my luck, Y/N and I brush against eachothers hands, then look up at each other. I'm half afraid I'm going to panic again- I like her so much. But I didn't. Instead, I smirked, playfully shoved her hand out of the way and grabbed some popcorn. Y/N gasped, acting offended, and knocked the popcorn out of my hand. I stared her down challengingly, and she smiled innocently, grabbing a handful of popcorn for herself. I knocked  it out of her hand, laughing quietly.
"Oh, you're on," she whispered. Phil and PJ had fallen asleep already. I set the popcorn bowl on the table and stared back, playfully pushing her shoulder. She pushed me back. Something happened and somehow we both ended up wrestling each other on the ground, in a fit of giggles. I had her wrists pinned against the ground and was staring down at her, smiling.

"So, I win then!" I claimed victoriously.

"No, you don't!"

"I don't?"

"Nope. Wanna know why?"

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Because I said so!" She laughed. We stared at each other for awhile smiling, then I rolled off of her to lay down beside her.

"This is ridiculous," I mumbled to myself. There was no way I could have this big of a crush on her after such a short time. She turned my head to face me.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." I waved it off.

"Tell me!" She pleaded.

"I'm just... Um... Tired?"

"Not buying it." She said. "Please tell me." Good Lord, her pouty face.

"Do I have to tell you?" I asked, trying to stall time to think up a good lie.

"Yes!" She replied. Nope, I couldn't do it. I couldn't lie to her.

"I... Um... I like you, Y/N." I whispered. Her eyes widened for a second before a huge smile found its way to her face.

"I like you too, Dan." She answered. I smiled wider than  I thought was possible. I hugged her, which was more of a snuggle since we were still lying on the floor.

When she didn't pull away from the hug, I realized she was snuggling up closer to me, so I held her a little tighter so she could fall asleep, right there with me, on the living room floor. She's beautiful, I thought. And then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note!

Kay so this was shorter than I thought it would be BUT tadaa - a new chapter! Day 6 of 30 complete!! Tell me what you think please! I thought this chapter was kinda cute.

MostlySleepDeprived