PJ's... Snow Fort

"PJ, we really need your help," I explained over the phone, already dragging Dan out to the car.

"With Phil?" PJ asked.

"Yeah, he and Dan had a fight-" I stopped, and shared a look with Dan. "How did you know?"

"He's here. Come over, there's something weird going on."

Click.

"Wait!" I shouted, too late.

"What was that?" Dan asked. "What did he say?"

"Phil is over there, apparently," I sighed in confusion. "But PJ said something weird is happening, whatever that means... He sounded like a nervous wreck."

"Let's go," Dan replied, taking the lead. He seemed angry.

"Dan, we have to make this right-"

"Whether I like it or not, I know. But you agree I was right, right? How am I supposed to fix this if I still believe he's wrong?"

"You'll find a way, alright? It's Phil. He's your best-"

"Best friend, yeah. I got that."

I followed him out to the parking lot in silence, attempting to stay quiet. He was definitely angry, and I didn't want to contribute to that. Some part of me, though, wanted to know why he wasn't more torn up about it. Instead of sad and hopeless, as I'd expect, he was angry and apathetic. I'd never seen him like this.

He got into the passenger seat of the car. Odd. Shrugging, I got into the driver's seat and pulled out of the parking lot. I didn't want to waste time asking questions, and I definitely didn't want him angry at me.

After a completely silent journey, we made it to PJ's house. I got out of the car, but Dan stayed put. I sat back down, and looked over at him.

"You coming?" I asked.

"I don't know, Y/N. He was really mad. We both said some really stupid things... I don't know if I'm ready to face him."

"It's Phil," I rolled my eyes. "He couldn't hurt a fly."

"You're right. He never fights, he just gets those stupid sad eyes that make you regret everything you've ever done. He doesn't even try to hurt anyone, but it kills me."

It broke my heart to see him like this; he looked away, but I could see him tearing up and his hands were shaking. "Dan, I'm so-"

Smash!

We both turned in shock to see an object shatter through PJ's front window, from inside the house.

"What was that?" I asked.

Dan, his sadness completely replaced with concern, jumped out of the car and ran up to the front door. I followed him, and we opened the door without knocking.

"Get down!" We heard PJ shout. "Duck!"

We did, and it was a good thing. An icy blast flew just above our heads, smashing into the wall behind us. Looking up, I saw PJ cowering behind an overturned, snow-covered couch, pointing silently across the room to where a bright, light blue light took up the entire corner. In the midst of the light I could just make out the outline of a person, eyes glowing white and arms hurling ice in every direction.

"Oh my God," I gasped, falling to the ground to escape another blast of ice. Dan and I hurried over to PJ, huddling behind the couch. "Is that Phil?"

"He's a bloody demon. What's going on?" PJ panicked.

"Long story, but he has some sort of ice power." Dan mumbled, looking around for anything to make the situation better.

"What? How?!"

"Well, he came in contact with my blood, so I'm guessing my power morphed-"

"Hang on, how did-"

"We don't have time for this, PJ!" Dan yelled, his voice taking on a dark tone. I held my breath, afraid a single sound might set him off.

"Then what do you suppose we do?" PJ shot back.

"How the hell should I know?" Dan exploded,volume rising. "I don't know anything! Even Phil knows that, don't you, Phil?!"

He stood up and screamed the last sentence in Phil's direction. I gasped as a bolt of ice flew straight for his chest. Blinded by rage, he was powerless as the force of the bolt threw him back, his eyes falling shut on the way down.

"Dan!" I shouted, running over to him. He wasn't responding.

"Oh my God," PJ breathed, staring at Dan's body on the floor.

I shook him wildly, tears falling freely down my face against my will to stop them. He wasn't - he couldn't be - this wasn't... He can't be gone.

Author's Note!

GUYS I'M ALIVE!!!!! After three months, I finally make an appearance lol

Honestly though, I've been through a lot lately, including a week of hospitalization, so there's that. I wanted to write so badly but I either had writer's block or was having health concerns, so that's why it took so long. Whoops.

Anyways, how're we feeling about this chapter? Wanna kill me yet? XD I can't really give anything away though, so no alluding to the next chapter this time around! 

Love you guys, thanks for reading!

MostlySleepDeprived