Chapter 8

Hayden's POV:

Monday

We made our way into the ice cream shop and sat down at a red booth. I got up to order when I saw my friends walk in. Shoot. "Um Annie I know a nicer ice cream place let's go there instead" she looked up at me confused but nodded and collected her things. "This place better be good because I'm hungry" I chuckled nervously, looking back to make sure they didn't see me. It wasn't that I was embarrassed about being seen with Annie thats the whole "plan" but I don't want them to know that I'm enjoying myself. They'll ruin me.

"I'll have mint choc chip please" Annie asked the server. I looked at her in disgust as she shook her head and giggled. "Don't knock it till you try it summerall" "trust me I have tried it" she raised her eyebrows as I faked being sick. She laughed causing me to laugh. I swear her laugh is contagious. After we received our ice cream we decided to go for a walk.

"So have you made you mind up about the party?" I asked Annie as she tucked a lose strand of her behind her ear and looked at me "You know I think I'm gonna go" I looked at her shocked "yeah?" She giggled "yeah I am" I smiled and nodded my head. She then walked in front of me making me stop. She started to lean in so I did the same until I felt something cold on my nose. "You better run" she laughed and started running until I picked her up and started spinning around "okay, okay you win" she said in between laughs. I put her down staring into her eyes. But soon a pinch of guilt cane flooding over me. I'm such a dick. "You okay? you look like you've seen a ghost" Annie asked running her fingers through my hair. I faked smiled and grabbed her hand and held it. She nodded unsurely but rested her head on my shoulder as we proceeded to walk and talk.

A/N- short chapter but I finally updated this haha !! 💗