Chapter 21.

Annie

My mum gripped my hand and smiled at me sympathetically. I tried to ask her a question but my throat was too dry to talk so I gestured to hayden for some water.

"what happened?" hayden moved my hair behind my ears and smiled at me. What was it with everyone smiling at me.

"You collapsed in the corridor and hit your head a few days ago. We wasn't sure when you were going to wake up but we are so glad you have" I gave him a half smile and closed my eyes to try and get rid of my awful head ache.

Images of Hayden's stupid bet with his friends, brennan in the bedroom at the party and me fainting began to appear in my mind and I suddenly couldn't hold back the tears.

"Shh you are safe now anns you are okay" my mom wiped my tears and kissed my head before leaving me in the room with just hayden by my side. "I hate you"

"where's this come from?" Hayden stared at me confused. I shook my head also confused why I just said that

"I'm so sorry I don't know why I said that I keep getting flashbacks of everything's that's happened and I just felt angry" he held my hands and smiled a real genuine smile. Finally for the first time in a long time I felt like this meant something.

"When you can leave here let's go somewhere just me and you" my eyes lit up with excitement just thinking of escaping this town for a long long time.

As we waited to leave the hospital Hayden filled me in with things that had gone on whilst i was in a coma. Brennan moved away with his mom whilst kenzie and Johnny are happily still together and even visited me everyday with Hayden.

3 weeks later

"have you got the map?"

I shook my head frustrated and threw my backpack on the floor. "Hayden we've been walking for HOURS where is this water fall" he laughed at me before digging out the missing map from his pocket proudly and walking ahead of me.

Finally after what seemed like hours of walking we made it to the most beautiful waterfall in the world. "I'm so glad we did this hay" He nodded and took his camera out of his bag and began taking pictures to show his family.

I leaned against him and after everything that had happened during the school year I finally felt happy.

"I love you hayden"

"And I love you more miss leblanc"