Chapter 10.

Haydens PoV:

Friday evening

I finished my dinner and ran upstairs to get ready for the party. Once I was ready I rang Annie which after 4 rings she answered
A- hello?
H- hey I'm about to leave in 5 you ready?
A- ha ready as I'll ever be
H- don't worry you'll be fine see you soon
A- can't wait, bye.

I smiled and put my phone in my pocket and ran to the car. I soon arrived at Annie's house, I got out of the car and walked up to the door. I knocked once before the door swung open revealing Annie's sister standing with her arms crossed "one sec" she said before screaming her sisters name. Annie quickly ran down the stairs nearly tripping then soon appearing at the door. She looked beautiful. She wore a black dress that cams to the above the knee and some black heels with her hair curled and necklace with a thumb print. "Hayden? Shall we go" she said waving her hand in front of my face. "R-right yeah let's go" I said taking Annie's arm. Hayley shook her head and rolled her eyes slamming the front door. "Wow I don't think she likes me" Annie laughed "trust me she doesn't really like anyone" I nodded before opening the car door for her. "Thank you hayden" "you look really nice by the way annie" she smiled and looked away hiding her flushed cheeks. I smiled and started the car. "I'm not going to regret this am I?" She asks fiddling with her fingers. I grabbed her hand causing her to look at me. "Trust me you'll be fine." She nodded as I focused my attention to driving.

We soon arrived to the sound of loud music and people cheering. The door was already open so we happily entered. The strong smell of alcohol quickly entered my nose as sight of drunk people filled the room. Annie came and stood next to me scanning the room. This was her first high school party. For me well it was like my 10th. "I'm gonna get a drink want one?" She shook her head and sat down on an empty couch and started looking at her phone.

"Hayden bro where your girl friend?" My friend Matt asked grabbing a red solo cup and filling it up with a clear substance. "One she's not my girl friend and two she sitting right there" I said pointing to Annie who was now occupied by a guy. "One sec" Matt nodded downing his drink. I took a deep breath to hide my jealousy. "Oh haha" Annie said laughing at something he had said causing me to slightly clench my fist. "Sorry to interrupt but Annie can I show you something?" She looked confused but nodded "sure see you round Luke" ugh Luke.

"What was that about?" She asked giggling "nothing, it was nothing I just wanted to you know chill with you" she raised her eyebrows "chill with me?" We both laughed until Matt came back over and interrupted us "I'll be right back annie" she nodded as Matt dragged me upstairs. "Hayden your getting really cozy with each other" "what do you mean?" "Well your becoming really close you do realise you still have to break her heart and tell her this was all for money." "Please tell me he's joking Hayden" a familiar voice said. I hesitantly turned around to see Annie standing at the door with her hand over her mouth "listen I can explain I was goi-" "save it" she said running out of the room. I followed her outside and grabbed her arm spinning her to face me. "Explain what hayden? How this was all a joke. How I was part of your stupid greediness and reputation. God I'm such an idiot. I should never have trusted you with your compliments and dates ugh" she said running her fingers through her hair and pacing in anger. "Please annie just let me explain" "Hayden I just want to go home. You've done what you needed to do and now you can get your money remain popular whilst I go back to being who I was before and we don't speak to each other again. Deal?" I shook my head and groaned "Annie please I was going to end the deal I really was. I was going to admit to them that I had really fallen for you" "it's a bit late for that Hayden don't you think?"

I stood still replaying what had just happened. Annie started to walk of when I tried to stop her. "Hayden, please" she said with tears steaming down her face. I let go of her hand when it started to rain. "Annie you can't walk home like this, can I drive you?" I asked as she shook her head "good bye Hayden" and she was gone. I really may have just lost someone who made me the happiest all because of a stupid bet.

A/N- I know this is a short story but I might end this on chapter 15 but let me know if you guys have any ideas or if you want me to carry this on ?! 💗