Chapter 6.

Hayden's POV:

Friday.

I lead Annie to the spot on the beach that I had set out for us "okay you can take it of now" I say as she removes her blindfold and admires the surroundings "it's beautiful who new you had a romantic side to you" she said jokingly and sat down on the blanket letting the wind blow her hair. I didn't realise I was staring until she asked if I was going to sit down. I smiled awkwardly and sat down next to her. "So what made you decide to do something like this instead of a restaurant or ice cream?" She asked crossing her legs and facing me "I don't know I find dinner dates boring and ice cream dates are cliche and cringy" "well I guess so but this is nice so thank you" I smiled a genuine smile as well carried on to talk. "So tell me about yourselfl" I asked her "well I have a little sister Hayley who opened the door to you. I did have an older brother Caleb but he um sadly passed away a few years back" she stopped talking and looked down. I never knew Annie lost her brother and flashbacks of the way I treat her flod my brain. I can't help but feel guilty and ashamed of what I have put her through not knowing what she was already coping with. God I'm such a jerk. "I'm so sorry" "it's okay honestly I prefer to celebrate life to the fullest for him rather than mope around i guess" I nodded "you probably already know I like to read, I hate parties well not that I've ever been to one it's just drunk teenagers all in one space I think I'll pass" she said slightly laughing "well on Sunday my mate max is having a party you should come "where were you when I just said I hated parties?" She said laughing "oh well is that a yes?" She giggled "maybe but tell me about you" she said enthusiastically "well I really want to travel, preferably to somewhere like Hawaii or Dubai" I said honesty as she sat listening to every word I had to say. "I have 3 older brothers and I was born in texas" "your more interesting then you seem summerall" "also I would totally recommend Hawaii it's beautiful" "you've been?" I asked "many times my dad works there" she said smiling and standing up reaching her hand down for me to take. I did and she pulled me up "shall we take a walk?" I nodded "so whats Jason like?" "His names Johnny and he's really sweet but I think he likes Kenzie even though she's the definition of devil to me I think she likes him to" "what about your love life?" "What love life the only interaction with boys I've had is getting spat on in the corridor and I don't think that counts sadly" I chuckled "what about you and Dylan I don't think she'd be to happy knowing your out with me" "oh we broke up" I said with no emotion and to be honest I couldn't care less "oh I'm sorry" "it's fine she didn't really listen or understand me she just wanted to be popular" Annie nodded then stopped to look out at the sunset "sunsets are my favours things there always different which is what makes them unique" she said in awe as she started out at the mesmerising view. This was something I admired about Annie. Something so little as a sunset impressed her. Being with her made me feel relaxed and that I could be myself. But then reality set in a realised that this whole thing is for money. "Well I think we should probably head back" she said calmly snapping my out of my thoughts. I nodded and I drove her back in a comforting silence. I rested my hand on her leg. She flinched at first but then relaxed "smooth, real smooth" I chucked and continued the drive. "Thank you for tonight Hayden it was fun" "no problem, I'll see you around Leblanc" "looking forward to it, summerall." And with that she smiled and closed her door leaving me deep in my thoughts. And that thought was did I like Annie Leblanc? Yes, yes I did.