part 2

Once passing Shiro's room he stopped, hearing sharp breaths and whimpers. He walked in without giving it a second thought to see Shiro, thrashing on his bed in an obvious nightmare.

Lance made his way over cautiously and shook his leader awake gently. He was a mess of sweat and tears when he awoke, breathing all over the place as he rocked back and forth. Lance recognised this as a panic attack and came to his side immediately, holding him and telling him to count down from 10 with him.

By the time they got to one Shiro was calm and much more relaxed. "Do you want to talk about it?" Shiro shook his head and looked down shamefully, feeling upset at looking weak in front of Lance.

"It's ok Shiro, it's not your fault." Shiro nodded and stood up saying "Ill be back in a sec" before leaving. Shiro was nervous at the lack of company and was relieved when Lance came back, though he wouldn't admit it.

Lance sat back down on a chair he'd pulled from the side of the room and handed Shiro a mug of Hot chocolate. It wasn't Hot chocolate exactly but it was very close, Lance had spent a long time figuring out how to make them and it had been worth it.

Shiro thanked him and they talked for a few hours until eventually Shiro was calm enough to go back to sleep and Lance left, continuing his walk until he heard swords clashing from the training room. He stayed at the doorway, watching Keith fight, hips moving with his beautiful body. Lance shook his head and yelled out "end training sequence," watching Keith turn round with a scowl.

When he saw it was Lance he almost didn't say anything but quickly scoffed and flicked a wrist at the taller boy.

"Seriously? What's your problem?" Lance could feel his anger and for a second he considered just leaving it and going back to his room before realising that Keith would overwork himself if he didn't do anything.

"You're training so you can get better than me right? Well hate to break it to ya buddy but no amount of trainings gonna help with that." Lance obviously didn't believe the bullshit he was spouting but it was enough to make Keith competitive, exactly what Lance had wanted. "I don't need training to beat you! I could beat you anytime." Lance didn't doubt that at all.

"No you can't, you have to train just to reach my awesomeness." Taunting Keith wasn't something any sane man would do but well, Lance wasn't normal. "Whatever, I'm going to bed." He knocked into Lance's shoulder purposefully on the way out and stalked back to bed, soon falling asleep while Lance continued walking. Proud of his accomplishment. This was a routine that happens all the time, so he was glad he could help his team out in some way. It was all he was good for.

He finally made it to the control room and took a deep sigh of relief when a voice called out "who's there?" Lance stopped and looked over the room at the figure he'd failed to see. Allura.

Lance sat down behind her and began to braid her hair, a regular occurrence for the both of them. "Thinking about your dad again?" He asked quietly, being gentle to keep the peaceful atmosphere. "Yeah... I just sometimes wonder if this is too much for me, what if I'm doing it wrong? What if we fail?"

Lance smiled softly and finished his braid, beginning to massage her shoulders. "You're doing an amazing job Allura. We're all so lucky to have a leader like you." she smiled at his words and relaxed into his touch. Just like his older sister used to before she...

"You're father would be proud of you." She humed happily and he continued to give her a massage, humming until she fell asleep. "Goodnight Allura." He really did see her as a sister, he knows he flurts with her but that's only because he doesn't want people to know he's bi. That's the reason for his constant flirting, fear. Fear of rejection.

He tucked her into bed and sat down in the control room, looking into the endless abyss of darkness. He stayed for a while before going over to the console and learning more Altean. It would make Allura feel closer to home so it was worth any time he could spare.

By the time he made it back to his own room it was early morning, too late to go to sleep. He took a deep sigh and wrapped up the fresh cuts carefully, deciding to take a shower.

Cold water dripped onto his body, mixing with the tears like a waterfall and draining from the bottom. He realised that his vision was slightly blurry and wondered if he'd gone to far as his bandages stained red, creating a pool of blood everywhere. With woddly knees he stepped out, shaking from exhorstion as he got changed and sat down. Great, just great. Now he has to clean up all this mess.

He took a deep sigh and began to remove the red that was everywhere. Red. Red like love. Red like Keith. He brushed the thought of the pale boy from his mind and tried not to imagine his body pressed against his.

There was a knock at the door and Hunks voice rang through. "Lance, it's time for breakfast." "Yeah ok, I'll be there now." He opened the door and stepped out, locking the door behind him as he walked with his friend to the dinning hall where everyone already was.

"Next time get here on your own, we had to ask Hunk to come get you." Shiro said when he sat down. He nodded and brought the fork to his mouth, forcing down the food knowing he was probably going to throw it up later. That had been happening a lot ever since his medication ran out, isn't depression a horrible thing. Its like quick sand, slowly dragging you down until you can't breath. There's no escape and no way to save yourself. Only watch as you get dragged down further and further into dispair.

"As soon as you're all finished get to the hangers, we have that mission to do." We all nodded at Allura and Lance quickly put the rest of my food in the garbage, thanking Hunk on the way out before getting to the hangers. Better be early for once.