23. Looking Quite Edible

Chapter 23. Looking Quite Edible

•Arabella P.O.V•

Everything is so beautiful and elegant, I couldn't help but let out a gasp. People were dressed so, fancy and nice. All the girls and woman were wearing dresses, while all the boys and men were wearing tuxedos.

I separated from everyone, walking around by myself. My hair was loosely curled, it just barely hit my shoulders. Along with the blue dress, I wear a pair of white opened toe sandals, and diamond earrings. I look around the room, my eyes land on her and thankfully, she hadn't seen me.

Her brown hair was straightened and almost past mid-back. She was wearing a lavender colored dress, it, like mine was strapless. The dress flowed straight from top to bottom. I notice that whenever she moved so would the dress, and that's when I see she's wearing the exact sandals as mine, just black.    

She was wearing the necklace Hudson gave her, it was a silver chain with the letter H hanging in the middle. The H was filled with diamonds on the inside. She wore it everyday, so it would actually be uncommon to see her without it.

Next to her stood Hudson and Nathan, they both looked handsome in their tuxes. Hudson wore a lavender tie, matching Miranda's dress, while Nathan's tie was a red. I look around them, but still no sign of him. I maneuver my way through people and walk right past them, guess they didn't recognise me.

I stop, placing a hand on the wall for support when I'm hit with another dizzy spell. I take in a deep breath, whenever these dizzy spells would come, a headache would follow along. I burry the pain away and keep on walking.

"Arabella?" The voice questions from behind me, I freeze before slowing twisting around so I'm facing the person. The three of them gap at me, I give them a tentative smile.

"You're hair." Miranda breathes out, completely flabbergasted. Hudson and Nathan stare. I nod my head, causing my curls to bounce. I smile fully at then, missing them all. I rush forward and envelope Miranda into a tight hug.

I hug Hudson, and Nathan. I pull away and frown at them, "Where is he?" I question, my voice coming out desperate. I fiddle with my fingers, waiting for their answer.

They stay silent for a moment before Nathan mutters, "Over there." And points behind me. I turn around and squint my eyes. I notice Derek was walking and talking with him.

My breath hitches in my throat, and I forget how to breathe. He looks absolutely edible. The suit hugged his body perfectly, and unlike Nathan and Hudson, his was unbuttoned, showing his white button up shirt and blue tie. He still doesn't see me, which is surprising since I'm burning holes into his body.

I watch Derek tap his shoulder and point at me. I fiddle with my hands when Everett looks over, his eyes locking with mine. But they soon leave, only to travel down my body, taking in what I was wearing. I feel my cheeks heat up, so I turn to leave, slowly walking to the back balcony.

Once outside, I can finally breathe properly, I lean against the railing, staring up into the starry sky. I hear the door open behind me, and slowing, yet silently being shut. I close my eyes, telling myself to breathe, in and out. In and out.

Do not pass out

I look over at him, his tie was loose and his hair was messing, probably from running his hands through it so much. His eyes shine a.d I watch as his lips slowly carve into a smile. A smile that I missed so much.

I stand here, watching Everett brush the brown hair from his stormy grey eyes, a small innocent smile playing on his lips as he stares down at me with this intense look.