3. Science Buddy

Chapter 3. Science Buddy.

•Arabella P.O.V•

I look around "Mom, I'm leaving." I shout, running down the stairs, you know how some people you can barely hear, when they come down? I sound like a heard of elephants when I come down.

"Okay honey, love you." She shouts from the kitchen. I roll my eyes and open the front door, shutting it quickly behind me.

I slide my phone into my front pocket of my pastel pink jean shorts as I quicken my pace down the side walk along my street.

I know I'm close to the beach when the smell of salty sea water hits my nose, in no time I'm there. I let my eyes scan the beach, looking for a good place to sit.

I look over to the left of the beach to see teens scattering the place, their either around the huge bon fire chatting it up, or their at the Volly ball court beside it.

I smile when I see no ones on the right side of the beach, I slip off my yellow flip flops, and start walking. The sand feeling unnatural to me since I'm so use to snow.

I kick the sand while walking, the flip flops dangle at my sides as I carry them in my hands.

I drop them down, before plopping myself close to the ocean, close enough for the water to touch the tips of my toes.

The water shocks the tips of my toes from the coldness of it. I sit back, and just admire everything, back in Alaska it was to cold and I always loved it. But this, I could get use to this.

"New girl." A voice whispers behind me, causing me to jump up and let out a cry of surprise.

I turn on my heels and face the person, only to tilt my head in confusion. A guy with raven black hair and blue eyes stood there, wearing a toothy grin. He looked about seventeen, maybe eighteen.

"Who are you?" I ask in a monotone, confusion still written on my face as I look at the guy.

He looks at me like he knows me, only thing is, is I've never seen this guy in my life. The toothy grin never leaves his face.

Before he could reply, I nearly have a heart attack when I hear another voice whisper "Boo." Into my ear.

I turn fast, shoving the person backwards with all the strength I had, apparently it worked well, because next thing I hear is a grunt and then splashing.

When I turn around and finally peak my eyes open that were hidden behind my hands, I try to muster up all the seriousness I could. But its kinda hard when you just pushed a teenage guy into the cold ocean.

"Hahaha, Nathan you loser." The guy behind me sputters out before going into a laughing fit.

The guy in the water gives me a glare, his blue eyes flicker to the guy behind me and then to me again, his blonde hair is now patted down from the water, and his clothes cling to his body.

"I'm sorry?" It came out as a question, which made the Nathan guy descend forward in a menacing way.

I swallow hard and start backing up away from Nathan, but luck wasn't on my side because I bump into the other guy.

The guy would now help his friend once he recovered from the scary looking laughing fit, like if I had one of my friends laughing at me like that, I would be mad.

You don't have friends

But still!!

Life's not fair

I bit down on my bottom lip while playing with my thumbs, fiddling them over one another. A bad habit I had since I was a child.

Nathan outstretches his hands, going to grab ahold of me but that never happened because a loud booming voice interrupted "Nathan."