∆16

Days have passed and since that incident, both Guanlin and I had not talked to each other. He always seemed tense, so I could not help but not to smile at him too. Sohye, Jinyoung and Jihoon noticed something was wrong between us but I just smiled and said to them that nothing serious was happening.

I looked at my phone, checking on my Instagram. A lot of direct messages came in, but none of them was from Guanlin. To be very honest I kind of missed his stupid messages and him disturbing me, but since the day we kind of fought, he did not even look at me.

Aish. Why is my heart aching?

I heaved out a heavy sigh and walked to my bedroom. "Aren't you going to eat?" I heard my stepfather asked.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I replied shortly, "No." Right. I forgot that mom already left us yesterday. So now I'm living only with this man. Her husband.

"Are you really going to stay rude like that to me, daughter?"

His words almost made me choke on my saliva. Since when am I his daughter?

I turned around to look at him, only to find him smirking. Disgusting. "Yes I am. Got a problem with that? And for your information, man.. I am not your daughter and you are not my father. My biological father passed away when I was 12 and I simply do not accept anyone to replace my father. Is that clear?"

I could see him clenching his fists as his face began to look furious. But hell, I don't give a fuck.

I just left him there and went into my room upstairs. I put my phone on my bed and went into the bathroom.

_/_/_/ _ \_\_\_

Guanlin's POV

I stared at the ceiling as a heavy sigh slipped out from my mouth. "I wonder what you're doing now?" I glanced at the clock on the wall. "It's 11.11. Are you already asleep?"

I rolled and rolled on my bed, but her face just wouldn't leave my mind. "Aish! I just can't stay still here!" I groaned in frustration as I finally got up. I wore my sweater and left my bedroom.

"Guanlin? Where are you going at this time?" Mom, who had not asleep yet asked me. I just smiled to her. "I'm just going to have some fresh air, mom."

"Be careful, son!" I heard she half shouted to me.

"Okay, mommy. Don't worry."

_/_/_/ _ \_\_\_

I stared at her room's window with both of my hands in my pockets. The lights were still on, as a sign that she had yet to sleep. The actual thing is I missed her. So much that I couldn't sleep. Therefore, here I am. Standing outside of her house and staring at her window like a fool.

"I miss you so much, Yunhee. But I just don't know how to make things up."

After a moment, my eyes caught a shadow from the closed curtain. No, it wasn't only one shadow. There were two, and it seemed suspicious. It seemed like someone was holding her, and she wanted to release herself from the grip.

I couldn't stay still. What is actually happening to my Yunhee?

To my surprise, I heard Yunhee screamed loudly before she ran out from her house. I was shocked, and so did her. However, she did not say anything and just hugged me really tight. "Guanlin!"

"Yunhee. What is happening?" I questioned as I wrapped my arms around her body. She seemed so scared, and I was so worried to see her being like that.

Yunhee shook her head as tears started to roll down her cheeks. "I'm scared, Guanlin. Bring me somewhere to hide. Please.. Just take me away from here. I don't wanna go home.."

Upon hearing that, I couldn't ask anything anymore. "Let's just go to my house for now, okay?"

_/_/_/ _ \_\_\_

As we arrived at my house, I brought Yunhee to my room and let her sit on my bed. Well I actually wanted to let her sleep in my sister's bedroom, but when I think again.. Hell no. She would kill me if she knows that I let someone else sleep in her room, so for my own safety, I better not.

I pulled the comforter up to her waist and asked, "Your hands are still cold. Is sweater going to help?"

She slightly nodded. "Yeah, thanks.."

"Wait." I went to my walk in wardrobe and get my Supreme sweater. Well for sure it's big for Yunhee, but I guess it'll be fine.

I then went back to Yunhee and wrapped the sweater around her body. She thanked me and looked down again.

I patted her head softly. "Rest for now, Yunhee. Tell me everything once you're ready, okay?" She just nodded slightly. I then turned around to leave my room. However, I suddenly felt my hand was held by Yunhee. Which actually made me turn around again to look at her.

To my surprise, Yunhee was crying again. I quickly sat beside her. "Hey.. What's wrong?" I questioned as I pulled her into my embrace. One of my hands kept on hugging her, while the other was rubbing her back, trying to coax her.

She buried her head on my chest as her hands wrapped tightly around my waist. "D-Don't.. Don't leave. Stay With Me.. I'm scared.." She said between her sobs.

"Shh..It's okay, I'm here. I will stay with you, Yunhee.." I tightened the hug, trying to make sure Yunhee feel safe with me.

It took a few minutes before I finally could hear Yunhee stopped sobbing. I lowered my head to find her face. To my relief, Yunhee has already fallen asleep.

I slowly broke the hug and laid her down. I fixed the comforter up to her shoulder and rubbed her head softly.

"Good night, love. Sleep tight."

_/_/_/ _ \_\_\_

🙈 Stars, where are you? 🌠