PART 38: DON'T BREAK MY HEART

(Indigo's POV)

Simula nang i-announce at kumalat sa media ang engagement nina Erielle at Tom, it seems like I've been left out. I didn't hear a word from her since then. And she would always have an alibi so she could not see me.

Whenever I'm about to ask her out, the news about them being together would come out through social medias. Everyone's been enthusiastic with that and I was like hell yeah! The hell with that arranged marriage.

I really thought she was against the engagement because she already has someone she loves – and that someone is none other than me.

Then I realized how fool I was for thinking such thing.

I was angry with her yet I don't have the nerve to confront her. So I got angry with myself. She wasn't my official girlfriend. We were just exclusively dating, as what she announced before. And with that, I don't think I have every right to get angry with her. Darn it!

I tried living my life as normal as possible but I could not help myself but to fret. What if she really marries that Zoyala guy? What will happen to me?

I opened my phone to check if I got a text or a call from her but I found nothing... All I could see was the time and the weather for today and her smiling face in the background.

"Indigo, look at this!" I heard Ice loud voice that brought me back to reality. I saw him coming towards me as he barged into my office looking so frantic.

"What is it?" Walang kagana-ganang sagot ko. I turned my gaze away and pretended that I was busy doing some paper works but he stood beside me and put his phone just a few inches away from my face.

"Guess Erielle and Tom already tied the knot... Look!" At ipinakita sa akin yung cellphone niya. I saw the two, holding hands wearing a white dress and long sleeves. Erielle was holding a bouquet of flower and she's smiling as if she was filled happiness.

Seeing that picture made me feel so helpless and hopeless. I felt my body tremble that I lost control of my hand and the pen slipped away and fell on the floor. Napalunok ako ng makailang beses bago ako nakapagsalita. "Where did you get this?" I asked him as I tried to calm myself but my voice was stuttering.

"Sa twitter at kalat na din yan sa FB. It seemed like the two of them had a civil wedding this morning."

"Are you sure? It might be a pictorial for some magazines." My mind's becoming to function and I tried to be rational. That picture might mean nothing. That must be it. That should be it. That's what I wanted it to be.

"Yes, there were many reporters that caught them going inside the city hall wearing those clothes. Ano pa bang ibang maiisip mo?" He put his hands on his pocket and looked at me. "There isn't news that they will be having a pictorial."

"I see... That's it. Time for me to move on." Nodding my head in agreement. "Thanks for the information bro. Let's get back to work." Sabi ko nang ibalik ko sa kanya yung phone at saka ibinaling kunwari ang aking atensiyon sa laptop.

"Are you alright?" He asked me so I tilted my head as I looked at his worried face.

"Of course, I'm alright. Don't mind me." I made a fake laugh trying to convince him but I was not sure if I could even convince my own self that I was all right. "She's not my girlfriend so I don't have the right to not be alright." I put my attention back to the laptop trying to be as calm as possible.

"Indigo..."

"Iwan mo muna ako. I want to be alone." Naintindihan naman ako ni Ice kaya lumabas na siya sa opisina ko. I wanted to scream as loud as possible but I controlled myself. Hindi ako galit kungdi nasasaktan ako. I felt an excruciating pain crippling my whole body. It was as if a million needles were thrusted to my heart, ripping it into pieces.