PART 36: TOP SECRET REVEALED

(Yuane's POV)

Erielle and Tom's engagement has been on the news for weeks now and it seemed that everyone was expecting that they will be tying the knot this year. Both of them spotted together were always included in the celebrity news... and that made me so annoyed.

Parang gusto kong durugin ang tv sa tuwing mapapanood ko sa news ang dalawa. Hindi ko talaga maintindihan ang mga nangyayari. Erielle told me that she's against the engagement, and didn't have any plans on marrying that big o'l jackass. Bakit sila laging magkasama? Don't tell me tinorture niya si Erielle?

Aisshhhh... This is insane! I was so furious that I picked up the remote control and tossed it, and it landed on the TV screen. At nabasag iyon. Sakto namang pumasok si mama at kitang-kita nito ang nangyari.

"What have you done? HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY YUANITO? Why did you break the television?" Sigaw nito na nanlalaki ang mga mata habang umuusok ang ilong sa galit, sabay hampas sa akin ng pamaypay nitong malaki.

"Aray! Ma naman, don't worry about the TV, I will buy a new one." Then she hit me again several times.

"Do you think it's okay to break things and buy a new one? What the hell are you thinking you, crazy man?" My mom said hysterically, as if she caught me doing a heinous crime. Tss. Tv lang naman yun! Nakasimangot na bulong ko sa sarili.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't accept the fact that Erielle's been engaged to that Tom Zoyala. This is so wrong." I said to her looking so depressed and helpless.

"Yeah. I heard it in the news." Pagsang-ayon ni mama. "Pero anak, I thought you like her, why didn't you pursue her?" anang walang kaalam-alam na ginang sa mga nangyari sa pagitan naming dalawa ng dalaga. "Alam ko namang kaya mo siya inaaway noon ay dahil type mo siya." Tila nangaasar na nakatingin sa akin si mama.

"Ma, she's my ex. And even if I wanted to pursue her, I can't... I really can't." Because she is my half-sister, and you'll curse her to death if you'll find out that she's my fathers' daughter from another woman. Gusto ko sanang idugtong yun pero ayaw ko namang magalit si mama kay Erielle.

"Why not?" She said looking so confused. "Anak, if you really love her, then you should go and take risks, or you'll end up regretting and asking yourself endless what ifs. Your father and I, we took every chances and every possible risk just to have a baby." Anito na umupo sa couch. What she said really bring uncertainty to me. What the heck is she saying?

"What are you trying to say?" I stood there, trying to process what her words meant.

"Your father and I love each other, and we were very excited to have a child. One year... two years... three years... hanggang sa umabot ng six years." She sounded so sad and cheerless. "Pero walang baby na dumating sa buhay namin." As my mom said that, tears on her eyes started to build-up. As I watched her carefully, ngayon ko lang napansin na matanda na pala si mama, senyales doon ay ang maliliit na linya na naroon sa gilid ng kanyang mga mata, pero maganda pa rin siya. At sa unang pagkakataon, ngayon ko lang nakita na ganoon siya kalungkot and it really breaks my heart to see her crying like that.

"Then that day finally came to life." She looked up to the ceiling like she was travelling to the past. She put her right hand into her chest as breathe deeply.

"You got pregnant?" I interrupted her but she shook her head. What does that mean?

"Your father's assistant got into a car accident with his wife and son." That accident must have been tragic causing my mom to dwell in tears.I wanted to wipe away those tears but I couldn't move my feet as if they were glued on the floor. "Pero himala na nabuhay ang bata. Without any family left, your father decided to adopt the child." frantically speaking, she looked at my direction.