Chapter 11 - When I pretend

Hey guys, sorry for my absence. I had some serious writer's block. I hate to get a scene (coming up on a beach with Nakota) right, you'll thank me. Maybe. Also I saw Bastille last night which was amazing! So, I have enjoyed the theories of what photo's of Dakota leaked. Get ready for a plot twist! You know I do the opposite of what you expect! ;) Love you! Update overflow double for both Messy Nights and Modest Absolution! Daily updates back to normal now! Buckle up, shit is going to hit the fan (Modest Absolution) Very soon!

When I pretend

Liam had his arm around Harry’ as the world spun and the music pounded in his head he struggled to see straight. Liam groaned, they climbed down the stairs towards the back entrance but everything was harder to do when strobe lights were illuminating the club with bright flashes of electric light. Liam held Harry tighter, each step in robotic, chaotic moves as the strobe light continued. 

The music surrounded them, engulfed them and Liam wanted to dance and cheer. He knew it would be one of his last nights as a free, child-less man. But he took it too far, he drank too much. Zayn was behind them with his arm around Porter as he sung loudly and laughed. Liam smiled, eyes closed as a minder helped carry him to the black limo behind Pricilla's.

Sapphire had kept her promise, they partied in peace and without the prying eyes of a thousand lenses working in overtime to capture their every wrong move. Zayn was laughing as he sung along with Katy Perry that burst through the speakers. The heavy bass was rumbling through Liam’s ribcage until he fell into the limousine and the leather squeaked beneath him. 

He looked down at his hands covered in glitter and moaned, every move left a trail of blue specks in his wake. Niall slid in nursing his face and looked over at Liam with a smile, “Wow!”

“What?” Liam groaned. 

“You look like shit,” Niall chuckled. 

Liam frowned, one eye closed as he struggled to stay awake. “Yeah, you’re face is fucked. Why did you have to piss Porter off?”

Niall laughed, moving his hand from his face to reveal a black eye already inked blue and purpled. “I didn’t do anything, you could have helped me!”

Liam shook his head, his body groaning in tired, aching protest. “I did.”

Niall scoffed, “Stop it, hey guys, no!” Niall rolled his eyes, “Good one.”

“It kind of took me by surprise,” Liam admitted. He looked beyond Niall and narrowed his eyes out the tinted window. Harry and Louis were smoking with Zayn, their minder Richard and Porter. Liam closed his eyes and rested his head back on the seat. 

“Took you by surprise?” Niall laughed, “I was the one who got attacked!”

Liam breathed heavily, he fumbled for a bottle of water in the fridge on his right and when his fingers closed around the cold bottle he smiled. The water – a small, drunken victory. “Well,” Liam said. 

“Well what?” Niall asked with a sigh. He touched his swollen cheek, “Damn, he got me really good.”

Liam laughed, his shoulders shook, “You…”

Niall raised an eyebrow, “I what?”

“You should’t have fucked her,” Liam shook his head in disgust. His thoughts a tangled mess in his fuzzy brain, Dakota of all people? It’s like fraternising with the enemy.  

Niall was silent.

Liam opened his eyes, Niall was too silent.

“I’m just saying,” Liam broke the tension, or so he thought. “You should know better then to sleep with a taken–“