confrontation

Pain? Regret? Surprise? Many words, yet none could describe how you felt. Those eyes that stared so intensely into yours. Blank eyes that held so much emotion underneath. Unusual. But a dead person showing anyway emotion was already absurd, especially when they're supposed to be in the ground.

    Zabuza's weapon clattered to the earth when he took you in. Your form, your well being, how much you had grown, all of it.

    "....y/n..?" You could hear the strain in his voice. "What are you doing here...?" He questioned, more to himself than to you.

    "I-im making things right." You stuttered over your wavering voice. "I did.....I did a lot of bad things after your death. And I'm making up for it." You said.

    His eyebrows furrowed at you statement.

    "What do you me-" he was cut off by a voice. An oh so familiar voice.

     "Y/n!!" Haku.

      Your breath caught in your throat as the figure ran towards you. You forced yourself up from the ground and sprinted to him. You both met half way as he locked you into an embrace. You broke. And you cried into the worn fabric of his clothes.

     He was cold. As a dead person should be. His soft voice cooed in your ear as he held you tighter. His hair still looked like silk and he was now only a inch or two (taller/shorter) than you. His hand rubbed circles in your back of you sniffed. Zabuza made his way to you both.

     "Look.....look at how much you've grown y/n." Haku said proudly. His hands now gripping your shoulders. You smiled.

     "I can't say the same. You both look just like you did...that day." You grimaced. Haku offered you a sad smile as zabuza looked at the ground. He still remembered how you looked while you were beging for them to live.

    "And I'd die again...if it meant you grew up to be strong, and brave, and everything I could have hoped for." He wiped a tear from under your eye. "And it would seem that's what I'm going to have to do." Zabuza placed a hand on his shoulder. Haku nodded and backed away. As zabuza towered over you. You looked up as he brought you into his arms. You froze.

   "You were like a daughter to me." He started. "And you still are, y/n...I love you dearly and when you fight us today.... don't hold anything back." He told you. "Show us what you've learned. Show us that what we taught you helped you grow into a worthy opponent, and a challenge we'll struggle to beat." He finished before releasing you and getting to your eye level. "Regardless if you can beat us, just know that we are so proud of you....and you don't need to avenge us anymore. Because watching you grow up. That was more than what I could ever ask for." He gave you a slight smile. You sobbed.

    Haku and zabuza started to get a purple aura as they grimaced.

    "We won't be able to control our actions when he take complete control over us." Haku stated.  "Kakashi, make sure you put us down for good." Kakashi nodded after rubbing his eye. "And y/n.....you can finally show me your kekkei genkai." He smiled.

      His smile slowly turned into an emotionless frown as he flinched and the aura took over his and zabuza's body. You quickly got up and back away from them. Wipeing your tears away your shrugged off your akatsuki cloak. Because after this fight you wouldn't be 'y/n of the akatsuki' you'd just be you.

    No mask. No ulterior motive. No quest for redemption. Just you. You and whoever decided to accompany you. And taking off that cloak.....felt like taking off the physical form of years of anguish, anger, and regret. You felt..... light....you felt.....