Bonding

"Hey konan?" You turned on your side on the bed and faced her side of the room.

     "Yes?" She turned and faced your direction.

     "I can't sleep." You stated wide awake. It was late at night but since you slept the day away you were already caught up on sleep. Everyone else was knocked out in their shared rooms fast asleep already. Shared rooms? You might be asking. Yes. Everyone shares a room with their partner. Hidan and Kakazu. Kisame and Itachi. And so on. You and konan shared a room since you were both girls, well, that was pains argument anyway. Pain usually slept in his office so that was basically his room.

      "Well you're always welcome to go explore the garden, no one is stoping you." She yawned turning back over.

      "Good idea!" You threw the covers off of you and made your way through the halls. Your bare feet made little to no sound against the cold hardwood floor. The silence was comfortable as you continued down the hall making sure to be extra quiet when passing by peoples rooms. It was only when you passed Itachi and Kisame's room that you stopped. Slight sobbing came from the other side of the thin wall. Kisame was off on a mission at the moment and it couldn't be itachi....could it? Gently cracking open the door you saw Itachi still in the bed his body slightly racked occasionally with sobs. You walked in and noticed.

      He was still asleep.

      Walking over to him you sat on the edge of the bed. You could feel the distressed vibe coming from his body and couldn't help but relate to him even if you didnt know what causing this sense of distress. You rubbed his upper arm.

      "Hey, wake up....its just a dream." His eyes cracked open a bit revealing an active sharingan he probably activated in his sleep. Reminding you of Sasuke Uchiha.

      ".....y/n? What are you doing in here?" He questioned sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

     "I couldnt sleep so I was going to the garden but I heard crying from in here." You gently smiled and laughed nervously.

     "I apologize if I was an inconvenience." He bowed his head.

     "It's fine really, no one should have to suffer in their sleep." you stood up. "Hey, why dont you come with me to the garden? We dont have to talk but maybe you wanna take your mind off of whatever it was you dreamt of." You turned in his direction waiting for his answer. He simply stood up and waited for you to lead the way, and you did.

       Rain pattered against the glass dome that guarded the inside garden. a cement patch was in the center of the dome and four paths stretched from the circle. Herbs, trees, flowers, and more all resided in the garden. A lone white rose bush drew you over along with itachi who just raised an eyebrow at your sudden interest. You kneeled down. The soft petals were soft against your fingertips, and downcast look crossed your face as you looked at Itachi.

      "Do you like roses?" You innocently asked looking at the bush again. He nodded squatting beside you.

      "Do you like roses?" He questioned back causing you to smirk for a second and sigh.

      "They remind me of my nii-san." You gently smiled picking the rose from its stem. A faint emotion flashed in his eyes. You completely sat on the cement and lovingly looked at the flower in your hands.

       "Your nii-san?" He whispered also looking at the flower.

       "Ya...not even a day before he died I gave him a white rose...he said it'd look better on me so he put it in my hair." You gently said at the memory and started picking the thorns off. "Like this." You put the flower stem behind your ear and flashed Itachi a smile.

        "Was it the konoha ninja?" He questioned. You nodded. "I heard you and kisame talking...and I apologize." You gave him a pained look.

        "It wasn't you....even if a uchiha was involved...it wasn't you and i've come to terms with that." You responded.

        "Sasuke killed them..?" He sounded a bit broken.

         "Everyone has a reason for everything....." you tried your best not to lace venom in your words. In truth you hated the ninja that killed Haku and Zabuza. But for itachi, for the akatsuki, your NEW family, you'd lie through your teeth. Placing a hand on his shoulder you reassured him. "He had to, it was a mission." You gave him a fake smile. He nodded. A moment of comfortable silence passed until he broke it.

         "I killed my whole clan....everyone except sasuke." He looked down. You jerked your head in his direction. "I had my reasons but sometimes even I regret it, I have nightmares about it even." you placed a hand on his shoulder encouraging him to continue. "Sasuke......" He sighed not wanting to say more.

        "You don't have to tell me Itachi, but just know that even if you barely know me.....the akatsuki is my new family now, and that means I'll be here when you want to talk and I'll be here when one of you needs to be protected." You squeezed his shoulder and stood up. "We should get going before the sun comes up" you laughed. You and him headed inside. You dropped him off in his room and he gripped your arm half of his body leaning out of the frame.

       "Y/n." He said. You hummed. "You too." And he walked inside shutting the door. A genuine smile graced your face as you walked back to your room. You thought all uchiha's would be like sasuke but Itachi proved you wrong. Gently opening your door to not wake up konan you walked into the room not really caring to close and lock your door again.

       In the beginning you didnt think you'd like the members of the Akatsuki. But after being here for a few days you've already warmed up to the group. It was just you and Hidan before this but maybe the akatsuki is just what you need.

        Maybe they really will fill the whole in your heart that Haku and Zabuza left behind.