Chapter 17

Hey guys, AarinWolf5 here! Now this chapter isn't part of the main series, it's just something I came up with when I couldn't sleep. Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I have SERIOUS writers block. I hope to update my other works too, just can't seem to put my ideas into words. Anyways, this chapter might be a bit +18. Dunno yet. Hope you like it!!
______________________________________________________

Unable to bear the thought of losing Robin, Chrom pushed her aside and drove his sword into Grima.
"What have you done!?" Robin cried as she looked on in horror. Grima grinned evilly as she started to crumble away.
"Wrong choice, foolish boy." Grima laughed.
Robin dropped her head into her hands and sobbed, violently rocking back and forth. Grima's heart inside her pounded and burned, the pain was almost unbearable and her emotional state was breaking.
"Robin..." Chrom murmured, looking down at his wife. She just kept sobbing, refusing to look at him.
"I hope you can one day forgive me..." He said calmly, even though he couldn't stop his hands from shaking.
"I am a selfish man." He confessed as he dropped to his knees next to his beloved. He too hung his head and silently wept. He cried tears for his hurting wife, his other half. He was the one who had hurt her.

"Grima will be back, as long as this heart beats in my chest..." Robin sighed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three Months Later

Things have finally claimed down and peace returned to Chrom's beloved land. Robin finally stopped isolating herself and started to smile again.
"Look how happy everyone is to see you!" Chrom remarked as he lead her down the streets of Ylisstol. Everyone smiled and waved at their beloved heros, the Shepherds cheered for Robin's return once Chrom lead her back into the palace.
"Don't ever disappear like that again!" Lissa cried as she buried her face into Robin's cloak.

As soon as the battle was over, Robin left in the middle of the night and ran away. Away from her friends, away from her husband, and away from little Lucina, her daughter. She loved them dearly but knew it would be safer if she left. She was like a ticking time bomb, and when she went off, she didn't want anyone around. But Chrom was stubborn, and they eventually caught up with her and convinced her to come back.
Some part deep inside her was happy she was back as she looked around at all the smiles. They didn't see her as the monster she knew she was. They saw Robin not Grima. Maybe if she gave it time, she could see Robin too.

Night came and everyone decided to retire. Chrom pulled her by the hand into their room, nothing had changed since she left.
Wordlessly they changed and climbed into bed, facing each other. Chrom just stared at her with those deep blue eyes of his.
"What?" Robin stammered, a blush rising in her cheeks.
"I never want to lose you again, these months have been so hard for me without you. Lucina missed you so much, Robin. Please don't ever leave us again." He stated, never blinking. His face was set and hard.
"I won't... I'm so sorry, Chrom." She confessed, tears stinging her eyes. She had thought about them and the rest of the Shepherds everyday she had been gone. What she did was very selfish.

"Do I have to watch you all night to make sure you won't leave again?" He asked. There was no playfulness in his voice.
"No."
"Promise me, Robin. Promise me you won't leave again." He begged. She could see the hurt and sorrow in his eyes. She leaned over and planted a long passionate kiss on his lips.
"I promise. I won't run away again. But you have to be prepared to stop me if... if the blood of Grima awakens in me. Promise me you'll do that, at least."
Chrom raised an eyebrow, the thoughts battling in his head were aparant on his face. He rolled around and faced the other way.
"Goodnigh, Robin."

Anger heated her face. She rolled over and faced away from him, two can play at that game.

Robin fell asleep, but if she dreamed, the memory of it was lost. She awoke to find herself in the bathroom, a small gas light casting shadows across the room. She looked up at her reflection in the mirror.
"How did I get here?" She asked herself.
"Good question." Her reflection answered.
Robin gasped as her face in the mirror began to change. It smiled and revealed pointed sharp teeth.
"Who are you?" Robin asked the face in the mirror.
"I'm you. You know you really should've stayed away, they'd be a lot safer if you did."
Robin tired to reply but found herself unable to.