Chapter 4

The march to where the bandits were was going to take a few days. And a few days to get back. And they were already hours away from home.

"Your mind doesn't seem to be all there today, man-spawn." Panne, one of the shape shifters said, coming to the front of the group.
"Sorry." Chrom apologized, shaking his head.
"You're thinking about your pregnant wife, aren't you?"
Taken aback about how she could tell, Chrom forgot to answer.
"Don't worry, she'll be fine." Panne reassured.

"Have you and Robin decided on a name, yet?" Lissa, appearing beside Panne asked.

"Not yet, little sister." He smiled, glad they were trying to cheer him up.

"Milord, it's getting dark." Frederick, Chrom's right hand man, said. "We should make camp here."
"Right, you should go hunting. We have Shepherds' to feed." Chrom said.

Frederick nooded and grabbed his spear, heading off into the woods on foot. His horse would've probably made too much noise, anyways.

Chrom took a head count, making sure his troops were accounted for.

Lissa, Frederick, Sumia, Lon'qu, Panne, Gaius, Cordelia, Nowi, and Tharja. His stongest fighters were with him right now, the rest were back in Ylisstol. Along with Robin...

"I need to stop relying on her for everything. I can fight without her." Chrom said to himself, though a part of him didn't believe it.
"But I fight best with her on the battlefield."

"Well, wouldn't you rather have her safe than risk the life of her baby and herself?" A chilling voice, belonging to Tharja, asked.

She had somehow snuck up on Chrom, listening to his conversation with himself.
"Nothing is more important than her safety." Chrom said.
"Well, there's your answer. That is something we can both agree on, Robin's safety. I'm glad I didn't have to put a hex on you for you to see." A wicked grin spread across her face.

"I'm the one who should be glad." Chrom chuckled nervously.