Chapter 11

"Robin, wake up." Chrom greeted Robin good morning, kissing her awake.
"Mhmm... Morning." Her eyes fluttered open.
"Guess what, my queen." He whispered in her ear, making her grin.
"Any day, now." She answered.
It was April 1st, she was due any day now.

"I can't wait to meet you." Chrom moved down to her stomach, talking to it.
"I can't wait to find out if you're a boy or a girl." Robin giggled, placing a hand on her stomach and getting a kick in response.
Chrom kissed her stomach gently, then kissed Robin on the cheek.

They dressed and headed to the dining hall.
"Good morning, everyone." Robin greeted.
Everyone seemed cheerful today for some reason.
"Good morning, big brother!" Lissa chirped, waving at Chrom and smiling brightly.

"What's going on?" Chrom asked as him and Robin sat down.
"Well, we thought that since the baby is due sometime soon... We should throw together a baby shower! We know it's a little late." Lissa said.
Just then Robin noticed how everyone scurrying around seemed to settle down at the table.

"How sweet of you." Robin noted, smiling.
"My gift first!" Lissa chimed, handing Robin a wrapped gift.
Unwrapping it, it ended up being a blue dress. Blue like Chrom's hair.
"I doubt a boy would want to wear a dress." Chrom teased.
"I could always remake it into a shirt." Lissa suggested.

"I think it's lovely. Thank you, Lissa." Robin said.
"Alright, who's next?"
"Here." Lon'qu handed Chrom a package.
Unwrapping it, it was a wooden sword.
"A sword!?" Lissa gasped. "It's a baby, not a warrior!"

"Actually, I like it. Girl or not, I can train our child and one day they will be able to wield Falchion." Chrom boasted.
"It's a wonderful gift." Robin admitted. She could also teach the child battle strategies.

"Next?" Chrom asked the shepherds.
Panne stepped forward, handing Robin a basket.
"What is this?" Robin asked
"I made it out of the strong grass that grows on this hill behind the palace. I thought that if you were outside, you could set the baby in it and it could enjoy the sunlight." Panne explained.
"How neat!" Robin chimed.

"I guess I'll go next." Maribelle blurted, pushing through the group.
"Here." She said to Robin, handing her a purple bag.
"Be careful." Maribelle warned.
Robin opened the bag, revealing a fine tea set.
"If you gave a little girl, you better have tea time with her." Maribelle directed at Chrom.
"It's beautiful." Robin complimented.

She could see it now, Chrom sitting in the floor with a little girl with the exact same cobalt blue hair and making funny faces and sipping tea. Maybe they'd be wearing silly hats too. She'd be there, too. They'd all clink glasses and drink their tea and have fun. They'd be a family.

Tears filled Robin's eyes and spilled out.
"Are you okay, Robin?" Lissa asked.
"Robin?" Chrom moved and was in front of her, wiping away her tears.
"It's just... We're going to have a baby and be a family and we're going to be happy." Robin smiled through her tears.
"Of course we are. We're all going to be happy. I promise." Chrom promised, pulling her into an embrace.

"Okay, let's get the last of the gifts." Chrom ordered.
Sully gave them a lucky horseshoe.
Tharja gave them a bedtime story book she wrote herself, and surprisingly, the stories weren't bad.
Fredrick gave them a crib he had made himself.
Nowi gave them a beautiful stone of some kind.
Virion gave them a decoration to hang above the crib. He said it was made of bow strings.
Libra gave them a painting of Robin and Chrom together.
Last was Gaius, who gave them a pacifier that was always sweet. How he did it was a mystery. He always had a way with sweets.

"Thank you all for your gifts." Robin thanked them gratefully. She had such great friends.