Chapter 2

Robin always seemed to be awake before Chrom. In that time, she loved to just listen to his breathing and watch the rise and fall of his bare chest.

She would get so lost while doing this, she wouldn't notice when he'd wake up.
"Morning." He greeted, his blue eyes shining from the morning light from the window.
"Good morning." She grinned.

They dressed and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. That's probably where all the Shepherds were right now.
They arrived in the kitchen doorway hand in hand.
Sully was standing with Cordelia, who appeared to be cooking eggs. Hopefully Sully was taking notes.

"Hello, Robin." Came the mysterious voice that belonged to Tharja.
Robin smiled,"Good morning, Tharja."
She glanced at Chrom, she obviously didn't like him.
"Chrom." She spat her salutations like it was posion in her mouth.

Chrom cringed and let go of her hand.
"Tharja.." He stuttered nervously.
She kept staring at him. Finally he gave up and walked on.

She laughed evilly as she helped Robin over to her seat. So far she had mastered the wobble she had to do with the oversized stomach.

Robin heard Tharja mumble under her breath as she hepled her sit down.
"Tharja, did you just cast a hex on Chrom?" She asked.
"It's not fair that he gets you all to himself." She whined, sitting next to her.
Robin sighed, knowing there wasn't anything she could do about it. She knew the hex wouldn't be too bad since hurting Chrom would hurt her.
"Just don't hurt him." She pleaded.

Tharja's eyes darkend as her shoulders sagged.
"Fine! I'll remove the hex." She grumbled.

Tharja finally left, leaving Robin alone.

"Princess, where might be the captain?" Sumia questioned from the seat next to her.
"He's around, Sumia. You mustn't be so concerned all the time. I know you have feelings for him, but he's okay." Robin reassured.

"Princess! I would never do anything to hurt yours and the captains relationship! You are carrying his baby, as well!" She defened.

Even though Sumia acted nice, shes been envious of Robin ever since Chrom and her got married.
Plus, Robin never got upset about these feelings she had. She had know Chrom longer, after all.

Chrom did choose Robin of course. Back when the war was still raging. He confessed his love for her after Gangrels defeat. That was around the time Emmeryn died as well.

Sully and Cordelia passed out plates full of food and everyone started eating. Chrom finally reappared and ate along side his wife.

"Milord! We have bad news!" Frederick came bursting in through the kitchen doors, a worried look on his face.
"What is it?" Chrom spat, nearly choking on his food.
"Trouble, milord. Bandits are attacking villages around Yilsse" Fredrick panted.

"Alright troops, get ready! We have to fight!" Chrom ordered.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and gathered their armor and weapons, getting ready for the march to the villages.
Robin started putting on her tactician armor, grabbing her Elfire and Iron Sword.

"Oh no, little missy. You're four months pregnant, that means you're staying here." Chrom grabbed her weapons and laid them on the table.
"But I'm your tactician, I need to fight." She argued.
Chrom pulled her armor off, laying it on the table as well, leaving her in her under clothes.

"Yes, you are. But I don't want you getting hurt." Chrom shot back.
Chrom started putting his armor on, tying his sheath to his belt.
"But you said I was the sword at your side and the wind at your back." Robin pouted.
Chrom grinned, gripping her shoulders. His favorite thing about her was how short she was.

"Yes, you are. But you're a sword I can't risk breaking." He kissed her forehead, he could feel her flushed skin beneath his lips.

"Fine. I'll stay.." Robin said, defeated.