twenty-two.

[ 26TH APRIL 2016 ]

Sweat ran down Taehyung's forehead as he shot up, gasps escaping from his quivering lips.

"Don't let him fall into the darkness. Save him Taehyung... Save him."  

A sigh ran through his room as his head fell into his hands, fear running through his bones. Tears began to mix with his sweat as he grabbed at his hair.

Why? Why does it always happen to him?

Why can't he be happy?

He let go of his hair and looked up, a sudden smell catching his attention.

... Pancakes?

He wiped his tears and got dressed into a black shirt and some sweatpants before leaving his room and investigating the smell.

...

His nose guided him towards the kitchen, where he had already believed the smell to be coming from, and saw a beautiful sight.

Jungkook was humming to himself, swaying to the tune in his mind as he made pancakes.

Taehyung could help but let a chuckle escape from his mouth, unfortunately bringing Jungkook to a halt as he turned to Taehyung.

"Oh, you're awake..." Jungkook said quietly, his usual manner returning.

A smile entered Taehyung's lips as he walked over to the kitchen, staring in awe at the pancakes.

They looked beautiful, just like the person who made them who was currently shuffling his feet in nerve

"I'm sorry about how I reacted yesterday... And for everything I have done since I've met you."

The older's eyebrows furrowed in worry as he walked over to Jungkook.

The latter pointed towards the pancakes and said, "I made them for you... as an apology. I know they're not much but..."

Before he could continue Taehyung but his arms around Jungkook, enclosing him in a hug.

"It's not your fault, Jungkook." Taehyung spoke as he felt Jungkook tense up against him, "None of this was your fault."

Taehyung hesitantly left Jungkook's arms and put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I brought you into my world, so I'll pay the price for it."

...

[  26TH JUNE 2016 ]  

Laughter filled the pack ground as seven boys sat around a table in the courtyard.

"And do you remember that time when Namj-"

"So how are things with you two?" Namjoon interrupted a now pouting Jimin as he looked at Taehyung and Jungkook, both men close together with their arms wrapped around one another.

The two boys looked at each other, suddenly flustered by the question.

"B- Better."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and smiled. They knew ever since that day 2 months ago that they'd made a step forward. They didn't know where it would lead, but both of them had hoped it would lead to something like this.

Them... Happy.

Yes, they weren't going out. But they'd be lying if they said they didn't have feelings for each other.

They both smiled and each other in silence before the other five boys laughed and continued conversing, the two lovebirds joining in after a brief staring contest.

Everything was okay - Taehyung had forgotten about his nightmares. They'd stopped after a while and so he thought everything would be okay.

He thought.

...

It was late and a cold breeze flew through the air, dusting itself against the two men that walked together, arms wrapped around each other, chuckling as they walked back home.

"I can't believe Jimin walked in on Namjoon kissing a Ryan Plushie..." Jungkook laughed, his teeth becoming more noticeable than usual.

"You're so cute." 

Jungkook stopped laughing and turned his head towards Taehyung, his eyes glistening as the moonlight hit them.

"What?" Jungkook said, his eyes wide with shock.

Taehyung laughed for the nth time that night, "I said you're so cute!"

He let his free hand (that wasn't wrapped around Jungkook's neck) reach up and pinch Jungkook's cheek.

"Hey! Don't do that..." Jungkook said, a faint pink creeping onto his cheeks.

Taehyung stopped walking and turned to face Jungkook, letting his arm slip from behind Jungkook's neck.

"Is there something wrong, Taehyung?" Jungkook said, confusion filling his eyes as Taehyung just stared at him. He could see an emotion in his eyes, but he couldn't quite tell what it was.

"I..." Taehyung sighed, looking down. He began to walk off, a slight shake in his legs.

Jungkook sighed too, beginning to walk forward. He looked up, seeing that Taehyung had already stopped.

"Taehyung are you alright, you're worrying m-"

Taehyung turned swiftly turned around and darted towards Jungkook, his lips smacking against the younger's.

The kiss wasn't full of lust... No, not at all. It was filled with passion and love. True, raw feeling that both boys felt for each other as their lips continued to dance with each other.

The kiss ended, both boys having heavy breaths. They stayed like that for a while, staring at each other, thoughts clouding their minds.

"I love you, Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung finally said after the long silence, lifting the tension in the air.

Jungkook didn't answer for a while, he just continued to stare at Taehyung. The latter began to get worried and realised that he'd probably made a mistake, his head lowering.

"I love you too."

Taehyung looked up, a smile instantly appearing on his face.

"I love you too, Kim Taehyung."

--

thank you so much for aLMOST 7K READS???? YALL I DONT DESERVE THIS

thank you all so much for everything i love you guys

p.s i don't know if i keep accidentally reusing my gif headers...

// sorry for any mistakes. //