Chapter Forty:

[Derek]

I woke up to the sounds of the doorbell ringing. When I looked around, I realized I was in my bed and Drew was in his. I'm guessing Jason brought us up to bed last night.

I look over to see Drew wide awake, so I left him there as I went downstairs, the doorbell constantly ringing.

"Coming!" I yell frustratedly. I open the door and prepared myself to tell at the asshole but to my surprise the asshole was my dad.

"Uh... D-dad?"

"H-hi Derek." He says nervously.

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Um... I came to see you... And the baby." He mumbles.

"Oh... Um come in." I say softly letting him by, closing the door as he walks in.

What was he doing here? Why was he here?

"So... Where is he?" He sighs

"H-he's upstairs. I'll go get him." I say going upstairs.

After a few minutes, I come back with Drew in my arms. I see dad's face light up with happiness.

"Dad... This is Jason Drew..." I say passing him over.

"Awe. He is cute." He coos. I couldn't help but smile at their moment.

"Let me fix his bottle." I say walking into the kitchen. He follows me, watching Jason the entire time.

"So... How's everything been?" He asks sitting at the counter.

"Um fine I guess. I'll be graduating soon." I say fixing the bottle.

"How old is he now?"

"Almost four weeks." I say placing the bottle in the bottle warmer.

"He's getting big." He says, chuckling a little.

"I know. I'll have to but him new clothes soon." I giggle.

As I went back to the bottle there was an awkward silence. I could feel my dad staring at me. I could always feel when people are staring at me. It's something I've become accustomed to.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm... I'm fine." I say taking the bottle out of the warmer and checking it's temperature.

"Here. I'll feed him." My dad says. My eyes widen a little.

"Okay." I stammer passing him the bottle.

"I know you may be wondering why I'm here." He says giving Drew the bottle.

"Um... I-I wasn't expecting you."

"Well... I just... I wanted to say I'm sorry. I know the past years I haven't been the best dad in the world. But... You're my son. And no matter what you are or who you are... You're still my son."

I smile a little. His words meant a lot. Even if their a few years late.

"Thanks dad. I'm really glad you said that." I admit.

"Me too. Now... Who's this Jason guy?" He asks.

"He's Drew's dad." I sigh.

"Wait. Isn't he your boyfriend?" He asks confused.

"Y-you could say that." I mumble.

"Well... What is he?" He asks as Drew finishes his bottle.

"He's my boyfriend. Who cheated on me four weeks ago."