Chapter Thirty Six:

[Derek]

"Okay. Where is he?" I ask walking into Jason's apartment he shared with Alex.

"Follow me." Alex says showing me to his room.

He knocks on the door, but there was no answer.

"Jason? Jason, Derek is here." He says.

No answer.

"Jason, open the do-" Alex starts to open it but he gently opens on it's on.

"Jason?" He calls out walking in. He goes all the way in and I follow behind him.

My heart shatters when I see him on the floor unconscious.

"Oh my god! Jason!" I scream, running over to him. I observe his body. A bottle of pills in one hand, a beer in the other.

"Jason!? Jason baby wake up!" I cry patting his face.

"I'll call an ambulance." Alex says grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

I straddle his hips, stating CPR as he called them. I couldn't help but sob as I pressed down on his chest, counting as I did.

"C'mon baby breathe. Breathe please." I sob press against his chest. His mouth was slightly parted as I pressed again and again.

"Jason baby please breathe... C'mon baby... Breathe." I sob again.

I take two fingers sticking them down his throat. He coughs, rolling on his side as he spit up a little. He lays back on his back, his head moving from side to side.

"Jason... " I sob, trying to look at his face.

He lays flat in his back again.

"Jason baby please... Breathe... Breathe..." I cry laying on his chest. I feel two arms wrap around me, hands rubbing my back softly.

"D-Derek... B-baby..." A voice sobs.

I raise up to see Jason's piercing blue eyes staring back at me. A weak smile forms on my lips.

"J-Jason..." I sob softly, tubby his cheek.

"A-are y-you really h-here?" He asks rubbing my shoulders.

"Yes... Yes I'm here." I says, holding his face in my hands. He lets out a sigh, sobbing just a little.

"Derek... The paramedics are here." I hear Alex say.

I try to get up but Jason's large hands grab my thighs making it hard for me not to move.

"D-don't g-go." He whimpers, his big blue eyes filled with tears, his bottom lip trembling.

"I-I'll be right here, okay?" I reassure him. He nods sadly as I get up off his lap.

We all went into the kitchen as they checked him out and made sure all the pulls and alcohol were out of his system. It was very quiet, and the suspense was killing me

"Well he's okay. But he needs to be monitored and he needs food in his system." The paramedics says.

"Thanks. We appreciate everything." Alex says.

I nod my head as they walk out of the apartment.

"Well... Glad that's over." Reena says.

"Yeah... Um could you go check on Drew?" I ask.

"Sure." She says walking away leaving me and Alex alone.

"Derek I'm sorry. I should've watched him more carefully."

"It's not your fault, Alex. Don't blame yourself." I say leaning against the frame of the door.

"Well... Can you stay here with him? I have to go and check on Sandra. And I may not be coming back tonight."

My heart drops. The thought of staying with Jason the entire night... Alone.

"Derek?"

"Y-yeah... I'll stay." I croak.

"Derek... Jason's asking for you." Reena says.

I gulp walking towards his room. My heart skips a few beats when I see him laying in his bed, shirtless. I knock softly, which makes him look my way.

"Hi." He rasps, a sad smile on his face.

"Hi." I say, looking down. I noticed that everything had been cleaned up after he threw up, thanks to Reena I assume. Well there goes my distraction.

"How do you feel?" I ask.

"L-like shit." He mumbles looking at his hands.

"Mmm..." I hum softly.

"I-is the baby here?" He asks.

"Yeah... He's in the living room."

"C-can I see him?"

"Sure... After you shower and eat." I say smirking. He smiles getting out of bed.

"Okay... I'll be quick." He rasps uncovering himself. I bite my lip looking away. I hear him sigh softly before I walk into the living room with Reena and Alex.

"Um you guys can go. I'll call you later to pick up Drew, Reena." I say.

"Okay. There's his bag. You sure you okay?" Reena asks.

"Uh yeah. I'm fine." I say walking them to the door. I close it, laying against it. I had no idea what would happen tonight, but hopefully it would help bring my family back together.

I look over to see Drew being fussy in his car seat. I smile walking over to him.

"What's the matter baby Drew." I say softly taking him out. As soon as I lay him in my arms, he instantly stops crying sucking in his pacifier.

"Aw. You missed daddy?" I ask picking him up in my hands. I peck his forehead as his eyes flutter open, revealing those beautiful eyes he got from his dad.

I lay him on my chest, rubbing his back softly as he coos against my chest. I rub his back kissing his head.

Suddenly I hear soft sobbing and I look up but there was no one there. But I knew who it was.

"C'mon... Let's go check on daddy." I say to Drew as we head to Jason's room.

(A/n: sorry to leave you hanging, but I didn't want to combine these two chapters.

The next chapter may be a tear jerker.

Comment your thoughts.

Love you for reading😘🌺)