Chapter Thirty Two:

[Chris]

I feel so shitty.

I've been feeling this way every since I forced myself on my best friend.

I've cried myself to sleep every night since.

He's probably forgotten about me by now.

Now that his with that Jason McCann guy.

God how I'd love to kill him. But he makes him happy, and I'd feel like a huge asshole if I took him away.

It's been months since I've last talked to him.

Months since I've seen his face.

My heart clenches each time I think of his face when I was pulled off of him. He looked so broken and hurt. And I was the cause.

I needed to see him. I needed to know we were okay. That he forgives me even though I don't deserve it. I needed him to know that I still love him.

And I never stopped.

[Derek]

The ride home was very quiet. Jason kept glancing at me every now and again, but I paid him no mind. My hands stayed planted on my belly as I stared out the window. One part of me was excited to be having a baby and a boy at that. But them there's that other side that's scared he'd come out to be like me.

It was hard for me to adjust to my disorder. I couldn't figure out why I was born this way. And I don't want my baby to go through that.

"Babe?" I hear Jason's voice interrupt my thoughts. I slowly turn to face him, a faint smile on my lips.

"What's the matter?" He asks concerned.

"U-um nothing. I'm fine." I lie, rubbing my stomach.

"Baby... Don't lie to me. Tell me what's bothering you." He coaxes, grabbing my hand as he drove into my driveway. He turns the ignition off, and we sit there in silence, him staring at me as I look down at my swollen stomach.

"Derek... Talk to me."

"I-I'm... I'm scared, Jason. W-what if h-he... What i-if he c-comes out to be like me?" I croak out.

He sighs, placing his hand over my stomach. "He's going to be fine. Actually... I talked to the doctor a-about that."

I turn my head to look at him, my eyes widen. "Y-you did?"

"Yes. He said... There's no sign that the baby will have that. So don't worry, okay?"

"O-okay..." I sniffle.

We share a soft peck on the lips before getting out of the car and heading into the house.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelp walking in.

"Hey Derek. Hi Jason." My mom sighs.

"Hey Ms. Jones." Jason says.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, noticing her demeanor.

"Um... You got a call today." She mumbles.

"I-I did? From who?"

"LA correctional facility."

My heart drops. The only person I knew that was there was...

Chris.

"U-um... And w-who was it?" I ask.

She gives me her scared look. "It was Chris. He wants to see you."

(A/n: more later? You decide.

Love you much for reading😘🌺)