Fire In The Streets ~ Chapter 5

ابدأ من البداية

  "Lucky you, Axel!" Demyx said.  "I have to go to Twilight Town to see if there are more Heartless in the woods, but at least it's not too difficult."

  Of course this would happen.  Of all the days I could get a day off, it had to be the day where I actually want a mission.  Luckily, a plan sprung into my mind.  "Saix, are you sure Demyx can handle such an...important mission?" I said.  

  "What do you mean, Axel?" Saix asked, narrowing his eyes.  "I'm sure Demyx is perfectly capable of handling the situation in Twilight Town."

  I leaned in closer to him and crossed my arms.  "C'mon, Saix, this is Demyx we're talking about, remember?  If the job turns out to be bigger than he expects, you know he'll just ditch the scene.  It's best if someone goes with him, don't you think?"

  Saix considered this for a moment before nodding.  "Fine then.  Demyx, Larxene will go with you."

  "What?" Demyx yelped.  "Not that witch!"

  "There's no reason for Larxene to come into this," I interrupted smoothly.  "How about I go with him instead?  I mean, I'm not doing anything today."

  Saix raised an eyebrow and almost looked taken aback.  "Axel, are you suggesting that you, of all people, are willing to give up your day off to accompany Demyx on a mission?"

  "Why not?" I replied.  "There's no harm if I tag along.  And there's nothing to do here."

  "Anyone but Larxene!" Demyx added.

  Saix gave me a look, one that said 'I-know-you're-up-to-something-but-I-won't-ask-what-because-I-know-I-won't-like-the-answer'.  "Very well, then," he agreed.  "Just don't do anything irrational, Axel."

  I let out a laugh.  "Me?  Irrational?  That's not in my dictionary," I smirked.  "Can I get a rain check on my day off?"

  "No."

  "What?  But -"

  "Goodbye, Axel, Demyx," he concluded the conversation firmly, summoning a portal and leaving before I could protest.

  Demyx punched me in the arm.  "Aw, Axel, I never knew you were so fond of me," he grinned.

  "I didn't do that for you," I stated, crossing my arms.

  "So then why -"

  "I'm going to let you in on a little secret, okay?" I said quietly, taking him by the arm and walking down the hall, in case anyone was listening.  You could never be too cautious around here - Xigbar can hide himself pretty well.  "But you can't tell anybody."

  He slung and arm behind his hear.  "Don't you worry.  I'm an expert at keeping secrets."

  I decided to pretend I didn't hear that sentence.  "Okay, there's this girl -"

  "You've got a girlfriend?" Demyx exclaimed, then covered his mouth.

  Rubbing my temples, I prayed no one had heard that.  "No, I don't have a girlfriend Demyx," I replied, glancing around the deserted hallway.

  "Oh, a crush then?" he laughed.

  "No!" I answered, lying only slightly.  I'll admit, Raxmi has been on my mind ever since she ran out of the Haunted Woods, but that doesn't mean I was attracted to her.

  Right?

  "Listen, I was on recon with Roxas in Twilight Town yesterday, and I didn't feel like doing the mission.  We ran into a girl - her name's Raxmi - and I paid her to do the mission for me.  Long story short, she saw us fighting Heartless, so we told her everything about us."