Fire In The Streets ~ Chapter 14

PUBLISHED: ???, 2014? (Wattpad only shows most recently edited date, so I've lost the publication date)

EDITED: January 15, 2017

RECAP:

- Roxas found out that Saix was looking for Axel.  He told him that Axel was in Twilight Town but tried to divert Saix so that he could warn Axel and Raxmi.  Saix found Axel and Raxmi despite this.  Axel and Raxmi escaped to Twilight Town's underground tunnels before Saix could attack them.

- The lights in the tunnels went out.  When they lit again, Axel was behaving strangely.  It turned out it was Zexion disguised as Axel, who was knocked out nearby.  Axel fought Zexion until he surrendered.

- Zexion revealed that he wasn't the one who followed and fought Axel in the Castle dungeons. They realised that it must've been a Keyblade wielder.

- A mystery person informed someone that Raxmi's mother is Sukara Taylor.  Xigbar told Xemnas the same thing.

STORY STARTS:

Raxmi's P.O.V.

  Seifer's room had a similar layout to mine, but there were some noticeable differences.  It was bigger and less run-down, since his house was in a slightly better neighbourhood than mine.  Not to mention his family actually cared about maintaining their property.  The clay-coloured walls weren't decorated with faint cracks like mine were, and the dark wooden floors were smooth and polished, not worn-out.  A window about the same size as mine, but without safety locks, was to the left of his unmade bed. On the other side of the room was a wardrobe and an aging wooden dresser with a smudged mirror and various products scattered on it. Despite the bed and the dresser, Seifer kept his room fairly clean, unlike Axel.  There were no clothes littering the floor and no dirt anywhere.

  I entered the room, having just returned from Seifer's kitchen.  "Here, you should use an ice-pack," I said to Axel, handing one to him. Seated on a faded armchair opposite the bed, he gratefully accepted the cold relief for his jaw.

  "Fuck's sake, Raxmi.  Don't waste my ice on this lamer," Seifer cut in, scowling as he flexed his left hand, which was already beginning to bruise.

  Of course, when Axel and I had arrived at my best friend's house, I certainly wasn't expecting him to welcome us with hugs and kisses. Yet even a casual nod of greeting from Seifer would have been nicer than the sharp left hook to Axel's jaw.  What brought this on?  Well, I had warned Axel before knocking on the door to unwrap his arm from around me and take his hand off my waist.  But no"It'll be fine," he'd said.  "That kid can't do anything to me," he'd said.

  Seifer pointed an accusatory finger at Axel. "What the hell have you been doing with this bastard anyway?"

"'Bastard'? He hasn't done anything to deserve that, Seifer!" I shot back.

  He scoffed at my defensiveness, the glare never leaving his face. "He had his hands all over you; what the hell am I supposed to think?"

  "Oh, come on!  Rai hugs me all the time, but that's no problem, is it?"

  "That's different, he's not...wait, why say that?  Has he been harassing you?  I'll fucking kill him!"

  I facepalmed in exasperation. "No one has been harassing me, Seifer," I sighed, not sure of how much more I could emphasize my point.

  Axel winced as he pressed the bone-chilling ice-pack against his jaw. "Well, except for our old Xigbar," he muttered.

  Seifer snapped his glare from me to him. "Xigbar? Who the hell is that?"