Fire In The Streets ~ Chapter 17

RECAP:

- A mystery person is working for DiZ.  DiZ instructs the person to search the worlds for where Raxmi is training.

- Riku is working for DiZ.  Diz instructs Riku to spy on Roxas and Xion.

- Roxas feels like he's being watched.

- Axel and Demyx take Raxmi to Agrabah for magic training.  At first she's terrible, but then she finally manages to do basic magic.

STORY STARTS

Raxmi's P.O.V.

  A break from Axel and Demyx's training was only provided when a sprinkling of stars winked into the sky.  The three of us were lazing on the sand, resting before we'd inevitably leave.

  "Oh, Raxmi, Roxas sends his congratulations about yesterday," Axel said.  Roxas had been eager help with my progress, assisting Axel a few times in training me.

  "What happened?" asked Demyx curiously.

  The buzz from accomplishment still hadn't faded.  "I forged my first Keyblade yesterday!"

  "Wow, congrats!"

  Axel glanced at me.  "And how long did it take to fall apart?" he smirked.

  "Hey!  It was a perfectly sturdy Keyblade, thank you very much!"

  "I know, I know," he laughed.  "Seriously, though.  I'm proud of you too.  You've come a long way, Raxmi."

  I smiled, grateful for the genuine compliment.  "Thanks, Axel," I answered, taking hold of his hand.  I had made the Kingdom Key, the simplest of Keyblades to make, and it had turned out perfectly without any assistance from my mother, who had simply observed me.  The process had been a little longer than when Mum had demonstrated it, and my arms had become exhausted after holding them up for so long while crafting, but I'd done it.  It was still sinking in that I'd actually managed to craft a perfect Keyblade all on my own.  "Wouldn't someone have noticed you guys were missing by now?" I asked, changing the subject.

  Axel shrugged dismissively, stroking the back of my hand with his thumb. "It's about eleven in the morning back at The World That Never Was.  Demyx and I were supposed to check in with Saix at nine about our mission today, but he'll have to manage with ants in his pants for the rest of the day."

  "I didn't mind putting it off at all," Demyx added.  "Those hyenas are ferocious, man!"

  A silence fell over us as we took in the scenery around us, savouring the moment of peace.  The sandy landscape was immensely vast, a mystical-looking city far away in the distance.  A strange, large mound of sand, which Axel had previously introduced as 'the cave of death-traps', was in the opposite direction.  Apart from those two landmarks, there was nothing but sand for as far as the eye could see, lined with dunes of various sizes decorated with perfectly-formed waves.  Looking upwards was the most spectacular view, however, for it was there that I could witness the night sky.  This was my second time, the first being in The World That Never Was, seeing something other that Twilight Town's muted blue atmosphere.  "There'll be more, y'know," Axel's voice interrupted my admiration.  I glanced up at him for an explanation, only to see him gazing upwards as well.  "The stars.  This is just a fraction of what'll show up later at night."

  "Wow," I breathed.  The amount of stars present now was already beyond my wildest imaginations.  The clarity of the desert sky, cloaked in a deep midnight blue, amplified the experience.  Glowing softly in addition was a serene moon; it was smaller, of course, and paler than Kingdom Hearts.  Its light was faint, but enough to illuminate the landscape.