Fire In The Streets ~ Chapter 16

PUBLISHED: November 16, 2015

EDITED: January 19, 2017

A/N: This is the first half of the chapter that I started working on!  I decided to make the two halves as separate chapters because the second half isn't finished, and it has been so long since I last posted. (2017 EDIT: So very very long)

Quick reminder that here and there I will use events from 358/2 Days, but they won't follow the timeline of the game.

RECAP:

- Raxmi and Axel visited Raxmi's mother, Sukara, in hospital.  Sukara says that 12 years ago she was visited by a man named Xehanort who warned her about an upcoming war and Organization XIII.  Raxmi convinced her that Axel was on their side.

- Sukara told Raxmi and Axel about Raxmi's abilities and the succession of Kouta and Kurai.  They realize that that is why the Organization is after Raxmi.  Axel feels guilty for putting Raxmi in danger.  Raxmi convinces him not to stay away from her.

- Sukara shows Raxmi how to forge Keyblades.

- A mystery person eavesdropped on the conversation in Sukara's room.  The person decided to kidnap Raxmi once she had learned her abilities.

STORY STARTS:

*2 weeks later*

??? P.O.V.

  "DiZ, Raxmi's taken a break from her routine."

  He swiveled around in his chair to greet my words with a questioning gaze.  "So she is not undergoing her lessons with Sukara today?" he queried.

  I nodded my head in confirmation.  "I saw her leave with Axel and Demyx in a Corridor of Darkness."

  He frowned.  "Normally her magic training is conducted in the evening."

  "Maybe Axel has the day off or something.  Must've decided to dedicate the whole day to her magic training.  Problem is I don't know where they went."  DiZ hummed in disapproval at my lack of knowledge, so I quickly added, "Considering how terrible her skills are, they would have gone somewhere where she could practice without causing damage.  Somewhere with a lot of space."

  "Hmm.  That narrows it down."  He clasped his hands together quietly as he pondered on the information.  The sounds of footsteps reached my ears while I waited for him to finish thinking.  "And this was just a few minutes ago, I take it?"  Again, I nodded.  "Very well.  Search the usual worlds that they to go for her training, as well as any world you can think of that has room for what you suggested."

  "But that will take all of today!"

  "I suggest Pride Lands first, it is the farthest away.  That way, you can work your way back to here."

  I scoffed, merely crossing my arms as a sign of my irritation.  No point in arguing with this guy.

  DiZ's other aide entered the computer room.  "What should I do in the meantime?" he asked, flicking strands of his shoulder-length hair out of his face.

  "Riku, continue to observe Roxas and Xion," DiZ instructed him, and turned back abruptly to face his computers. "Unlike your friend here, you can be spared from aimlessly hunting throughout the worlds if you uncover their destination before they leave for their missions."