Fire In The Streets ~ Chapter 13

PUBLISHED: September ???, 2013

EDITED: January 12, 2017

  The original dedication for this chapter went to OblivionedEternity, for correctly answering the trivia question at the end of the last chapter.  But since then she has abandoned her account :(

 So, dedication for this chapter goes to uwishuweremah, who recently asked for a dedication and is my self-proclaimed biggest fan.  Thank you so much for your support, uwishuweremah! <3

RECAP:

- Axel kissed Raxmi to stop Roxas from telling her that he likes her.  Roxas accuses Axel of being a selfish friend and leaves.  Raxmi agrees with Roxas, and is also mad that Axel made her first kiss meaningless.

- Raxmi talked to Roxas privately and they agreed to still be friends.  Axel apologised to Roxas for being a poor friend.

- Axel apologised to Raxmi for kissing her the way he did.  He told her a bit about his past.  They admitted that they like each other and kissed.

- Roxas saw Axel and Raxmi kissing.  He still likes Raxmi but put aside his feelings for her happiness.

STORY STARTS:

Roxas's P.O.V.

  I returned to the Castle That Never Was, leaving Axel and Raxmi at the Clock Tower in Twilight Town.  The last thing I wanted was to socialize right now.  But, of course, nothing was going my way today.  "Roxas," a sombre voice called out.

  I tensed slightly when I caught sight of Saïx beckoning me over. 'What does he want?' I wondered. 'I already finished my mission for today.'  "Yes, Saïx?" I asked politely as I approached him.

  He seemed to be analyzing me for a moment.  The urge to avert my gaze was overwhelming, but that would draw his suspicion.  He finally broke the silence that he himself had initiated. "Do you have any idea of Axel's whereabouts now?" he questioned.

  "Uh..." Obviously, telling the truth and endangering Raxmi was not an option.  The wheels in my head started turning as I hurriedly decided to find them again and warn them before Saïx  was the wiser.  "He..he said he was going to another world," I responded. "Shall I get him for you?"

  The blue-haired Nobody shook his head with a sigh.  "I highly doubt that he would return if you informed him that him I sent you," he said.  "I shall have to retrieve him myself.  Which world has he gone to?"

  "...Twilight Town.  I think he mentioned the Sandlot."  It was the farthest area in town from the Station Plaza that I knew of.  Now Saix would have to search throughout Twilight Town for Axel, which would buy him and Raxmi some time.  I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment to rid myself of the image of them together, liplocked on the tower.  'Why him?  Why not me?  Why couldn't it be me?' I screamed in my head.

  Saix must have noticed the troubled look on my face.  "Is something the matter, Number XIII?" he asked, simultaneously extending his arm to make a Corridor of Darkness.  His question was of concern, yet his voice was dripping with disinterest.

  "It's just a headache," I muttered.

  He hummed, seeming satisfied with my answer, and waved me off.  "You may rest now, since you are done for the day.  The Superior requires you to complete a difficult mission tomorrow."

  "Thanks for the heads up," I replied.  Then my blood ran cold.  "Saix!" I called out quickly, stopping him just as he was about to leave.  "Why are you searching for Axel?  Hasn't he already finished his mission for today?"