83 - Meeting The Emperor

Start from the beginning

Yulrir ran towards his master's side and received Terra's familiar rub on the head.

Theo, on the other hand, moved calmly and stood beside the other figure near Terra. This was non-other than his master, the Headmaster. Unlike Yulrir and Terra, the two just gave a solemn and all-knowing nod.

Ahem! Ahem!

The Emperor who was silently observing and seating by the throne fake-coughed to indicate his presence. He can't believe that he was being ignored.

"Ah!" Terra was the first one to react and stopped her 'sisterly act' with Yulrir and immediately faced towards the Throne. Yulrir similarly felt embarrassed and did the same act as Terra.

With Small Seed in his arms, Yulrir copied his master's action and went down on one knee and bowed. Small Seed cautiously glanced at the imposing figure sitting on the throne.

[A peak-Deity level Human! Not bad ah!] Small Seed inwardly thought while flashing his innocent golden eyes on the man.

"This humble junior greets His Majesty!" Yulrir and Terra said in unison. It was like they had practiced it which made the Emperor smile.

Theo and the Headmaster did not say anything but they humbly genuflect in front of the emperor as well.

"Rise! You all don't have to be formal with me! Haha! If you really respect me, please rise and be at ease." The Emperor waved his hand and his amicable but deep voice resounded within the hall.

The quad did as the Emperor requested and stood up. The Headmaster gave out a huff which faintly causes the Emperor's smile to stiff a bit.

"..."

The emperor then coughed again and adjusted his demeanor. "I'm happy to see you all in here."

The emperor then panned his eyes to Terra and the Headmaster, "You both have a nice disciple. I had heard from my son, Vaughn, that Theo and Yulrir had spearheaded the retaliation against the North Shadow Sea disciples within the Ancient Realm."

"Thank you for the praise His Majesty. Indeed, I'm proud of them." Terra, seemingly knowing that the Headmaster will not comment had replied politely instead.

The emperor just nodded and turned his head to the two youths. Yulrir was wearing a mask so the emperor is clueless with his expression while Theo stood calmly like his master. What caught the Emperor's attention is the toddler who was looking at him with bright eyes.

Yulrir noticed the emperor's gaze on Small Seed and let out a smile. "His name is Small Seed, His Majesty."

The Emperor nodded in recognition. "Small Seed, I would like to thank you for giving us a helping hand during the struggle earlier in the Welcoming Banquet."

Small Seed's eyes sparkled and tapped his chest with his small hands proudly. "Mhhm! It's not a big deal! Small Seed hates bad guys!" Not only the Emperor but Terra and the Headmaster gave out a sincere smile upon hearing Small Seed's statement.

"Small Seed is a magical beast?" The Emperor asked trying to confirm the little child's identity.

Not waiting for Yulrir to reply, Small Seed took the initiative and said proudly, "Indeed, I'm a plant-type ancient beast who resides in the Ancient Realm for a long time. My fa-m-master, Yulrir, had managed to pass a Trial in Ancient Realm and I was given as his contract beast as a reward!"

Yulrir looked at the little child in his arms and chuckled. The emperor seemed to buy Small Seed's explanation and nodded in recognition.

Yulrir and the group had longed devised this excuse. Yulrir trusted his companions and with the added restriction that Small Seed had planted on his companions' body, he knew that the truth will not be revealed unless somebody had to deliberately speak it out and had a death wish.