Part 31

(Y/N)'s pov

Pain. That is the main thing that I am feeling right now, my body growing weaker the more I try and stay upright. I can feel myself sway as the blood loss gets to me, my knees buckling and making me crash onto the hard floor.

The guys' yells are lost to my ears, but I can see then running towards me. My cheek is pressed against the cold ground, the cool temperature oddly soothing. The rest of my body is burning hot, it encased in the bubble of fiery pain that is wracking my whole being.

I can't move at all, my breaths coming out in short pants as I try and keep my eyes open. That is proving to be extremely hard to do though, the electricity that is coursing though me almost unbearable. I almost just give up, wanting to sink into the darkness instead of suffering through this hell-like torture. 

I can't do that though. I can't leave this world before I see Jungkook one more time. 

Its cruel, really, that we had to meet this way. In another life, in another scenario, everything would have been different. Maybe his love for me would have been real. Or maybe we wouldn't have met at all, meaning that my heart would be safe from him. Maybe I wouldn't have fallen in love as hard as I have.

The edges of my vision begin to blur as the first person gets to me, their hands hovering over my face and body as if they are afraid that they will hurt me any more if they touch me. I smile slightly at Jimin as a tear drops down his cheek, his knees pressed to the ground as he kneels beside me. I always knew that he would figure me out before the rest. He trusted me, and its too bad I couldn't get to know him more.

"No. No! This can't be happening!" 

The sob that leave Jungkook's mouth when he sees me is heart wrenching, my eyes screwing shut as a surge of literal pain wracks through my body at the thought of him so destroyed. He drops to his knees before gently placing my head in his lap, his hands shaking as he brushes my hair out of my face. 

"You can't die" he whispers as he tries to control the amount of tears streaming down his face. He rocks us back and forth as his body moves from the force in which he is crying, the motion putting me at ease despite the knife shifting form time to time. 

"Don't leave me.......please......"

My whole body has gone numb, the only part of me I am able to feel being my face. I can feel his hands as they gently caress my cheek. I can feel the cold tears as they drip onto my face like raindrops. The rain. I haven't seen or felt the rain in years. I haven't felt anything in what seems like forever, yet Jungkook was able to make me feel emotions again. I felt warmth, care, and love again, which is why I am not afraid to die. 

"Its.........ok.........Kookie" I say with haggard breathing, looking up at the shining face of, who I feel, is the most beautiful man on earth. His lips are curled up as emotion takes over his expression and I reach up to cup the side of his cheek with a trembling hand. 

"Thank you for setting me free. I am not afraid to die, because death's the only thing I haven't tried. Don't cry over me Jungkook. It may hurt now, but you'll forget about me eventually."

The guys all stand around him, not knowing what to do. They have remorse and grief on their faces as they watch the two of us, Jimin and Hoseok crying as well. I'm just glad that I got to help them. I'm glad that they have each other and can finally go home, because that is all that matters to me.

"No......." he sobs with a sniffle, even more tears sliding down his cheeks and over my fingers. His nose has turned red as he looks at me with such mournful eyes that my smile wavers. The only good thing about dying is that I will never have to see him look so broken, the look on his face breaking my heart.

He hiccups, "you can't leave me (Y/N). I love you."

For once, I let his words flow over me like a river of peace. I can feel myself as I start to slip away, not able to see his face anymore due to the blinding white that has taken over my senses. I feel light as I let his words wash through me, allowing myself to believe him. I allow myself to think that he actually does love me and I can finally be at peace, my hand falling from his face as I let go.

"I love you too."