𝗧𝗘𝗡 | 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗬𝗢𝗨

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, hey, just relax. It's just me," He assured her soothingly.

"So I went after him, and at this point, it started to get dark. I found him the corridor downstairs, and he was so upset because he lost control and I just wanted to make him feel better because I love him, oh god," Her head fell onto James' shoulder, sniffling into his shirt.

It took her a couple moments to compose herself before she could continue. James was more than patient.

"He kissed me, James," She whispered miserably.

"He did what?" James shouted in utter shock.

"It was so amazing  and so right," Estella wiped the tears from her cheek."But then he said the only reason he kissed me was because I was there and it was moment of weakness. He told me that he couldn't do this, not with me, and that all we'll ever be in friends."

James pulled her into a tight hug, holding her close and letting her cry into his shoulder."I'm so sorry, Ella. I wish I could make it better, but I can't. If we were at home, I would set up that muggle film playing thing and we could build a blanket fort. Just eat snacks, cry, and cuddle."

"I wish we had gone home for the holidays," She whispered, her voicing cracking as she spoke.

"You would have still been miserable, and you wanted to spend it with the lads and Evans. You stayed for Evans, remember?"

"Yeah, I did," She let out a deep sigh,"What am I gonna do, James? I can't see him, I don't want to drag you lads in the middle. You love him, and he needs you too."

"He's one of my best mates, I can be friends with both of you, don't worry, okay?" He smiled slightly,"He broke your heart, but you still worry about him."

"I love him, I already said that," Estella reminded him sadly.

"It's time to move on, I believe," James told her.

She mumbled,"I don't know how, he's the only person I've ever thought about that way."

"Maybe Sirius can help, maybe play match maker and just get back to meet people. What about Theodore?"

"I'm not his type," Estella chuckled sadly,"I don't think I'm ready to date."

"Well, just work up to it," James told her,"We should head back to the Common Room, last thing we need is for you to get in trouble."

Estella nodded slowly, following James to the living area. Lily was waiting in the Common Room for them. When she caught sight of the broken girl, she ran her friend and wrapped her arms around her.

"I love you, Estella, I don't know what happened, but I'm here, and you don't have to talk about it, but I have tons of chocolate and we can go upstairs and not come out until break is over," Lily smothered her.

"Yeah, I'd like that, Lils," She murmured,"I'm gonna head up. James can tell you what happened, I don't want to talk about it anymore."

ღ ღ ღ

Remus Lupin didn't see Estella for the rest of the holidays. Of course, he had seen the boys, but things were weird because no one addressing the fact that Estella was actively avoiding Remus.