Chapter 16

80 for update
25 comments

mackenzie

he led me down the hall and to the bottom of the stairs, making sure not to let go of my hand in the process.

he walked to the kitchen door and opened it, allowing me to go out first but letting my hand go in the process making me go cold.  i walked out and he shut the door behind us.

my body instantly heated up again when he laced his hand back into mine and walked to the edge of his backyard where the woods began. 

we walked on a short path until we reached a cleared area with a bench where we both sat down.

we sat in silence for a little while, letting the fresh air circulate through us while we listen to the slight breeze blowing the leaves around.

"so," he started, breaking the silence between us.

i sighed while taking my hands and running them from the top of my thigh to my knees.

"i don't know what you want me to say, i can't tell you," i whispered already feeling the tears take over my eyes.

"what do you mean?" he asked.  i could feel his gaze on me, but i fought every urge to look up and meet them.

"brandon, he said if i told anyone.. that he'd hurt," i said pausing at my last words.

"hurt you?" he asked with him jaw noticeably clenching.

i slowly nodded keeping my gaze on my shoes instead of his eyes.

"kenz, you know id never let that happen, right?" he said as he grabbed my hand in his, causing my eyes to come up and meets his.

"johnny i-"

"i'm serious.  i don't care what he tries to do to you, whatever happens, i will protect you.  always."

a sigh left my lips as i thought about what he said.  i still don't want to risk anything. 

"okay fine. i'll start at the beginning," i started, his eyes giving me a comforting gaze.

"brandon and i were best friends when we were younger, and eventually we started dating.  i thought i loved him, but after i moved, we lost contact so i eventually forced myself to move on.

but as it turns out, greg had been behind everything. he forced him to be with me, and while we always hung out, our dads would talk business.

and now that greg is in jail, he told me that his father and the rest of his little group are coming to get revenge on me for getting him in jail," i finally finished, letting the years fall down my cheeks.

he pulled me into his arms while resting him chin on top of my head

"it'll be okay, i promised you that i wouldn't let anything happen to you, so nothing will." he said, both of us pulling apart to look into each other's eyes.

my breath instantly went away as my eyes met his. we both slowly leaned in and our lips met for the first time, moving in sync as our bodies filled with warmth and sparks.

_______

jenzie !!!!

sorry this took a little longer than expected

but what do you think will happen to kenzie now that she told john??

xoxo