Chapter 13

70 for update
35 comments
*and get me to 175 followers??*

mackenzie

when i woke up this time, i was next to lauren who was already awake.

i smiled at her and went on my phone. maddie had texted to update about her time at lilia's. i was glad she was able to be happy.

today lauren and i decided it would be good to go to the mall and try to get in the habit of doing our old traditional things before my mother wake and funeral took place.

we both changed into leggings and a shirt sleeve top as the LA weather was slightly brisk today. Mer drove us to and dropped us off in front.

"remember last time we came here we snuck off to that party and you got so drunk!" lauren laughed as we allowed through the automatic glass doors.

"oh shut up, i didn't think i would get so drunk from a couple shots," i replied.

"oh please mackenzie."

we walked through the crowds and made our way to our first usual stop, forever 21.

we both found a bunch of cute clothes for the fall and winter that would be coming up shortly.

we walked out with our giant bags and walked over towards the food court.

"mackenzie?" i heard a voice call out from behind me.

i turned around and was greeted with familiar baby blue eyes and brown wavy hair.

"brandon?" i called out with a smile creeping on my face. i ran up and wrapped my arms around his neck while his found their way around my waist.

brandon was my best friend before i met the orlando's, but his dad got a job transfer to new york and he had to move to the other side of the country.

"what are you doing here, i thought you moved to new york?" i asked.

"my parents got divorced and my mom missed the LA life so here i am!" he laughed.

"oh lauren, this is brandon, my best friend from a couple years ago, and brandon this is my best friend now lauren," i smiled as they shook hands.

"it's nice to meet you, want to join us for some chick fil a?" lauren asked, her friendly attitude making me smile.

"sure, thanks."

we sat down and talked for hours until mer texted she would be here soon. we invited brandon to come back to the house and hang when mer said it was okay.

we got home and decided to watch a movie in lauren's room. we all got under the cover, me in the middle, and snuggled together.

i was so happy brandon and i were able to reconnect like old times.

half way through the movie the door creaked open and john peaked his head in.

"hey i was just checking on kenz- who is that guy and why is he in bed with you?" he said causing a slight blush to creep across my cheeks from the part about checking up on me.

lauren and i burst out laughing as brandon and johnny looked at each other awkwardly.

"john this is brandon, my best friend from a couple years back," i said.

"and don't forget, we did date until i had to move away," he said grabbing my hand in his.

my eyes quickly moved from down at our hands to up to johns eyes. i saw his face change into an unreadable expression that i had never seen before.

he nodded slowly and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"uh i- i'll be right back," lauren said, quickly scrambling to her feet and rushing out the door.

what was she doing?

**************************************
hey guys, sorry for taking so long, i know how annoying that is. i just have been busy with sports and ap classes.

also i've been stuck on what to write about, but i think i found a way to make more drama by adding brandon, what do you think of him so far?

good guy or bad?

trouble for jenzie?

qotd: where do you think lauren's going and why was john so awkward???

and also comment down below some good hannie books and authors,

and some books that have jenzie and hannie bc those are my favorite!!