Chapter 8

Mackenzie

I woke up in a room I was unfamiliar with. I turned to my right and saw Johnny asleep in a chair.

I looked around and noticed I was in a hospital bed. I felt a sharp pain in my arm, so I looked down and saw stitches all up it.

My head hurt bad and I couldn't remember anything after we got here.

"John."

"Johnny."

"Johnnnn."

He finally began to to move around and his eyes slowly opened. As soon as he saw me he jumped up to his feet and walked over to my side.

"How're you feeling?" he asked.

"Good I guess."

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

"Yeah why?"

"Don't you remember what you did last night?"

"No... What did I do?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"Well Kenz, you sort of went crazy last night. No one could calm you down. They had to inject you with something to make you stop."

"What do you mean crazy?" I asked.

"When we got here they brought you in here to take the glass out and all the sudden you just started screaming and crying."

"Oh."

He took my hand in his and gave me a sympathetic look. But I didn't want sympathy right now.

"Where's my mom?"

"She's in another room," he said softly.

"Is she okay?"

He just stared at me in response. I looked into his eyes trying to figure out what was wrong.

"John?"

"I don't know Kenz, I just don't know," he replied before walking out of the room.

A few minutes later Maddie came in to hug me. She was so excited to see me and it had felt like nothing had gone wrong for a minute.

"How's mom?" I asked.

"She's getting there. Right now she's unconscious because I guess he hit her head pretty hard. But the doctors said she should wake up. In the mean time, we're staying with the Orlando's," she replied.

I nodded in response.

After a bunch of paperwork, I was finally free to see my mom. I walked in alone and saw her laying motionless in her bed.

I grabbed her hand and looked down at her. If only I had stayed. It could've been me instead.

"They say she can still hear you ya know."

I turned to see Johnny leaning against the door frame. I flashed a light smile before turning back.

I felt him come up behind me and rest a hand on my waist.

"Mom said we're gonna head home soon. Are you okay with that?" he whispered in my ear.

I nodded my head before turning and walking out of the room. I just couldn't see her like that anymore.

I walked into the lobby to see everyone waiting. Mer pulled me into a hug when she saw me.

If I had to go through this, at least I had them to help me through it.

When we got home, we decided to have a movie marathon to help take our minds off everything.

But I just wasn't feeling it, so I got up and walked into Lauren's room.

I laid down and looked at the fake stars on her ceiling, and that's all I remember until I shot up in the bed.

I looked over at the clock. It was 2:47am. I sighed before walking downstairs to get a water bottle.

"Hey."

I jumped and turned around to see Johnny sitting at the table.

"Why're you always up when I am?" I asked. He just shrugged in response.

"Remember when you were drunk and all you wanted to do was look at the stars?" he asked.

"No."

"Okay well, follow me," he said starting to walk upstairs.

He walked over in the guest bedroom and opened the window. He walked out of the window and onto the ledge of the roof.

He turned and stuck out his hand for me to follow. I stepped out and he had blankets and pillows set up, as if he was expecting this to happen.

Without a word, he laid down on his back, so I did the same. My breath was taken by the amount of stars across the sky.

I felt his arm curl around my waist and bring me close into him.  I closed my eyes and before I knew it,

I was fast asleep.

**********************************

sorry it took my so long to update, i kinda forgot about this book lol

hope you guys enjoy!

like and comment for more :)