Chapter 15

75 for update 20 comments
go check out my new book broken if you haven't already

mackenzie

my heart stopped when i heard them words come out of brandon's mouth. it was like all the air and ability to function was taken from me.

i thought this was all over. i thought everything would finally have a chance at being okay.

"and if you tell anyone about this," he began speaking through his teeth, "i will find out, and i will hurt you so bad, you'll be back with your little dead mommy."

i slightly gasped at his words which satisfies my lungs with the fresh air i took in.

how could he do his to me? this whole time i thought we were best friends, but there was always another motive behind everything.

every play date, every smile, every date, every kiss.

he was not the person i remembered, but even then, he wasn't who i thought he was.

i heard the door to john's room close and prayed to god that lauren was finally on her way back here.

she walked in shortly and stopped suddenly when she saw the look on my face.

"kenz?" she asked.

i make eyes contact with her. i gave her a look that i knew she would understand in an instant. probably because she had seen it so often.

i knew she understood the moment she opened her mouth to speak.

"well sorry brandon but my mom said we're going out soon, so you should probably get going," she said with a slight chuckle. 

i knew it was out of nervousness of what had happened when she was gone, but i knew she'd never admit it.

"oh yeah no problem, it was nice meeting you today lauren.  see you later kenzie!" he said adding emphasis on my name, probably to stress the fact that if i tell lauren when he left, i'd be done.

as soon as he left i let out a giant breath of relief and collapsed on the bed.

"what happened?" lauren asked me as she joined me.

"um," i began breathless, not really knowing what to say because i knew she wouldn't believe whatever came out of my mouth, "nothing."

"i know it's something.  did he say anything? do anything to you?"

"i-i can't tell you." i stuttered.

"why?" she asked.

i looked up a ceiling while gulping, "because he said he'd hurt me if i did," tears filled my eyes as the memories of our conversation flooded back into my head.

lauren sprung up from her bed and stared at me with wide eyes, "what?!" she asked and screamed out at the same time, so loud that it must of caught johnny's attention.

"what happened?" he said as he opened the door to lauren's room.

she instantly looked to me, and i felt both of their glowing green eyes burning into mine.

"n-nothing."

"kenzie that bullshit and you know it!" lauren said leaving both john and i speechless.

my mouth was slightly hung open as johnny and i made eye contact.

lauren let out a big sigh before she said, "brandon said something to kenzie, and that's all i'm saying because it's her story to tell and i don't want to give too much away.  now you two go talk please."

i looked from her back to john.  he held out his hand, and i took it, placing mine on top of his.  he led me out of lauren's room and down the hall.

here we go.

*****************************************

i've started to try and become more active on here, i've been checking the vote number frequently so i release a chapter when it hits the mark.

comment down below what you think brandon told her and if kenz will tell john or not.

xoxo