Chapter 12

mackenzie

55 votes 25 comments
for an update

get me to 150 followers???

when i woke up, it was still dark out.  but johnny still had his arm wrapped around my waist, his head tilted back and mouth open.

i quietly got up out of his hold and walked over to the kitchen to grab a water bottle from the fridge.

it's crazy to think how much has changed for me these last couple days.  i lost my mom, i don't have a father figure anymore.  frankly, i've never really had one since i never looked up to greg and my father died when i was young.

"oh hi kenzie, you're up early," a voice behind me said, slightly startling me and breaking my train of thought.

i turned around to see mer.

"hey and yeah, i can't sleep much lately," i said with a slight laugh to lighten the mood.

"that's understandable.  now i know you're going to become part of the buckingham's, but just know that i'll always be here for you as a mom, that's if you want me to. 

and if you ever need anything just call me.  think of us like your second family, except johnny won't be like a brother," she said laughing causing my cheeks to turn a slight pink color.

"thank you so much, it means a lot to me to have someone like that in my life," i smiled going in to hug her.

"of course," she added kissing the top of my head.

meredith orlando had to be the most caring and loving mother i had ever met, besides my own of course.

and i'm not just talking about with her kids, but to everyone.  she always puts others before her and looks out for everyone.

i feel so lucky to have met this family because without them, i'd be totally lost.

"try to get some more sleep hun, i know it's hard but you need it," she said while tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

i decided to go upstairs into to lauren's room.  sure johnny made me feel safe and like it was only us in the world, but lauren was my sister and i needed a sister more than anything right now.

i walked in and glanced over the clock to see it was 5:02am.  i slept for a good amount of time.

i crawled into bed trying not to wake her, but she moved and slowly opened her eyes to face me.

"oh hey," she whispered in a raspy morning voice.

"hey, sorry for waking you, i just need to get more sleep," i whispered back.

"not a problem, i'm here for you no matter what the clock says," she smiled.

"i'm so lucky to have a best friend like you."

"and i'm lucky to have you."

****************************************

short chapter mostly as a filler to move the story along

and didn't proof read oops

but i wanted to include some female figure in her life bc she just lost a big one.

and plus i wanted some space from jenzie to add more lenzie < 3

qotd: favorite sport?

mine is soccer, i've been playing since i was 3 and i'm 15 right now!