Chapter 2

Mackenzie

I had just gotten out of the shower since Johnny had thrown me into the pool. Hope that $5 was worth it.

I changed into leggings and a t shirt, tied my hair into a bun, and walked out of the bathroom.  Lauren was sitting on her bed waiting for me.

"Oh honey, no, no, no," she said looking at me.

"What?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"We're going out tonight, go change," she said laughing.

"Ugh fine, but you're doing my hair," I said walking into the bathroom.

I changed into jeans and a white lacey shirt before I walked out again.

"Better," she said.

I sat down at her vanity, and Lauren came behind me and started drying my hair.

Once she was finished, I quickly ran it through the straightener and applied some mascara.

Then we went downstairs.  I put on my white adidas, and Lauren and I went into the driveway.

Soon Johnny came out and joined us, and we waited for Mer to come out to drive us.

She dropped us off at the mall and drove away.

"Okay let's go!" Lauren said, but she walked in the other direction of the entrance.

"Where're we going?" I asked.

"To the party of the summer," Johnny smirked.

I rolled my eyes and followed them.  We walked a couple blocks until we arrived at a huge house.

"Whose house is this?" I questioned with my mouth open.

"Carson Lueders," Lauren said.  We opened the door and walked in.

"Okay everyone, in case we get split up for some reason, we're meeting out front at 11, okay?" Lauren said, and we nodded our heads.

Johnny instantly took off walked over to his group of friends.

Lauren grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen.  She grabbed two cups and poured us some vodka.

"Mix it with what you want," she said, and I just looked at her.

I had no idea she was such a partier.  She poured orange juice in hers, so I did the same.  I took a sip and couldn't even taste the vodka in it.

"We have a rule: two cup limit," Lauren said as we walked out to the dance floor.

I nodded in response taking a sip from my cup.  We went out and started dancing.  I kept drinking until it was gone, so i got another.  But this time, more vodka.

It didn't taste good at all, but I drank it anyway, with the idea of drinking being new to me.

I went back out to dance when I felt someone really close behind me.  I turned to see Hayden.

"Hayden?" I asked over the loud music.

"Hey babe," he smiled.

"We broke up," I said flatly.

"That's not what you'll be saying later," he said with a wink as he walked away.

What?

I went back into the kitchen to get a third glass.

"Hey Kenzie, wanna take some shots?" my friend Jayden asked me.

"Sure," I said.

We each took three, washing the taste down with iced tea.