Chapter 11

next chapter:
55 votes
20 comments

ps i tried to make all my covers look really nice and tumblr and match so go look at them :)

mackenzie

we sat around the table with nothing to say.  there was nothing but silence. but it was the loudest thing i've ever heard.

right now mer and dale were talking to maddie and i about what was going to happen to us.

they offered to take us in, and i was seriously considering it.  but there was one thing holding me back.  if they adopted us, johnny and i would be brother and sister.

it would just be too hard.

maddie's best friend lilia and her family wanted to talk to us.  they lived a couple blocks up the road and were coming over in a couple minutes.

they were always like second family to us, and i was really hoping they were going to offer to adopt us. 
they lived in a huge house, and their family was one of the closest i've ever seen, besides the orlando's.

we sat in more deafening silence until they finally arrived.  jane came over and pulled us into a hug, lilia shortly following behind.

she had a manila envelope in her hand that she placed on the table in front of maddie and i when we all sat down.

"open it," she said softly with a smile.

we opened the envelope and inside were adoption paperwork.  inside i was overwhelmed with joy, but my body still couldn't bring itself to smile.

maddie on the other hand had a soft one on her face and started ranting to lilia about how they were going to be actual sisters now.

we walked over and hugged jane, thanking her for everything she was willing to do for us.

however, we decided that i would spend the rest of the week with the orlando's, and maddie would go with the buckingham's.

before she left, we pulled each other into a hug.  i felt tears threatening to leave my eyes, but she started to rub my back which sent a sense of comfort throughout my body.

"i love you mackenzie, and i'll see you in a couple days okay? call whenever, or if you need me i'll come right over," she whispered in my ear.

i pulled away and looked her in the eyes before nodding, and then she was out the door.

lauren and i decided to have a movie day for the remaining hours we had till night.

we watched all high school musicals and were beginning star struck until my body finally collapsed with exhaustion against my own will.

i tried so hard to fight it because i knew what would come, but i was too tired for that.

maddie and i were sitting on the couch laughing until her smile dropped from her face.

"what is it?" i asked.

she slowly brought up a shaking finger to point behind me, but before i could turn my head, a glass vase was smashed against the back of it.

the impact caused me to fly forward.  pain filled my body, and i brought a hand to feel the damage.  i looked back and it was covered in blood.

i turned around, and blood was everywhere.  everything in the house was black.  i look around and then i spotted it.

my mom was laying on the ground covered in blood, obviously dead.  my breathing slowed and all i could do was stand there while he went after maddie.

he was pulling at her clothes, but my feet were frozen, i couldn't do anything but scream.

"stop! please stop! take me instead!" i cried out trying to drag my feet over to her.

"kenzie!" maddie cried out.

"kenzie!"

"kenzie?"

"kenz!"

my eyes fluttered open and were faced with a worried lauren and johnny.

"w-what's happening?" i croaked out.

"you were having a nightmare," lauren breathed out.

"oh."

"are you okay?" johnny asked in a low tone.

i shook my head and brought my knees to my chest, burying my head in it.  i felt two pairs of arms wrap around me.

i picked my head back up and spoke up despite the lump in my throat, "every t-time i close my eyes, all i can see is him. a-and there was blood everywhere, and he was trying t-to get to maddie, but i couldn't move, i just couldn't," i said bursting into tears, my voice shaking with every word i spoke.

"shhh it's okay kenz," johnny hummed in my ear while lauren rubbed my back.

"wanna come sit with me downstairs?" he asked, and i nodded in response.

he took my shaky hand in his and led me down to the couch where i saw he had a movie on pause.

he sat down and didn't hesitate to pull me into his chest and wrap his arms around me. 

"don't be afraid to go back to sleep, i'll be right here the whole time," he whispered, placing a kiss in the center of my forehead.

and for the first time, a smile came across my lips.

*****************************************

oof, a little rough but it will do i hope. i didn't really proofread this so hopefully it isn't filled with errors lol.

well it took awhile, but i was finally able to finish and about time too.

i guess tonight was just my night.
anyway sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy :)

and how about that JENZIE awh i cannot wait for them to reunite irl

jan 24 wya

qotd: jenzie or hannie?
comment down below!