Chapter 19: the only one?

Donghyuck

Mark kept himself away from me.

It is the longest he has ever hugged me, and I feel odd not to have him around me. His body is very comfortable once you get used to him.

It's like we are one, but we aren't anything more than friends now.

"Hyuck, how is your family doing?" Mark asks me randomly. Today he's been asking me multiple questions.

It's almost like he had planned a questionnaire for me!

"We, are doing great I guess? My parents are too busy with work, so I'm always bored at home." I reply in a slightly annoyed tone, because it's not true.

My parents have been working, but they do have free time. In their free time they just sleep though. I always try getting their attention these days because, I feel lonely.

"You're lying!" A loud voice stretches and reaches us from meters away.

Chenle is here.

"Tell Mark that they are ignoring you! Tell him that you brought Jeno to your room and that they don't even care!" He yells even louder. I flinch a bit at his words, and from the corner of my eye I can see Mark's eyes widen.

"They, they don't pay attention to you. I knew that." Mark said a while later.

Why does he sound so upset?

Are they both mad at my parents?

"Mark, you better not hurt Donghyuck!" Chenle says quickly and strongly. Then he runs back to the school's hallways. Why did he come down here either ways?

Why did he warn Mark?

Is Mark planning something?

"Dongie, I want to help you get closer to your parents!" Mark said fiercely and confidently. I am afraid to reject his offer.

Is it even an offer?

"O-okay" I want to say more but the bell rang.

"Donghyuck, trust me."