Chapter 17: Frustrations and the Truth

Dean's POV

When her brother and his friend, the blond one, came in I had to hold back from showing my exasperation. She needed to know the truth, and soon. We had no more time left to let her stay in the dark and after Cas debriefed me and Sam,  I knew it really was time to tell her the truth about her past and what she was. And how us three all played a role in her life; why we recused her, why we took care of her and provided her with all the new stuff she got, why we’re here in England staying with her.

I had a strong feeling she was already feeling the effects of everything. Cas said the trauma she went through might have broken all protective walls that were put around her to make her forget everything. And that wasn’t a good thing. I joined in the little chat Liam and Niall were having with Sam. Hoping they would get bored and leave to do something else soon so we could finally have a discussion that was much needed.

“Liam?”

All our heads turned to Illianna, whose voice sounded weak and quiet. I wondered if she was acting still, or if the pain was still bothering her even though Cas fixed her up with his Angel Mojo.

“Yes? Do you need something? Are you alright?”

She gave him a small smile. “I’m fine. Can you and Niall charge my phone and wash my clothes? I have nothing clean and I can’t get up because you know, I’ve been put on bed rest…”

“Oh, yes of course we can. I should’ve thought of that before… I’m sorry little sister. We’ll get on that right now.”

They both scrambled up, grabbing her phone and laundry hamper, and all the clothes laying around. I never seen anyone move so fast to help somebody else out. Sam looked at me and nodded. He was impressed just as much as I was. Once the door clicked shut, she sat up and looked at us three expectantly. I and Sam looked between each other, questioningly. We both turned to look at Cas; who made his way to the edge of her bed and sat down, staring at the floor blankly.

“This... Will not be easy for you to understand. And it will shock you.” He turned his head to glance at her nervous face. “Very much. More than anything that has ever shocked you before in your entire life.”

“Okay Cas. I think she gets it. No need to scare her.” Sam broke in.

She was still staying quiet, just looking at Cas, biting her lip nervously. Poor kid… She didn’t know what to expect. And it won’t be very pleasant for her, either.

“You’re Nephilim.” He paused, as he looked away. “And a Demigod.”

We all turned to look at her. She was sitting there, completely still. She wasn’t even blinking. I frowned and looked over at Cas, who was staring at the wall. She wasn’t taking the news well I guess.

“And Liam?” She turned to Cas, who turned to look at her again.

“Liam?” He tilted his head in confusion.

“Yes, my brother. Is he… Special?”

She stared at him expectantly. Cas turned away again. Sam shifted uncomfortably. I cleared my throat.

“This just got harder…” Sam mumbled. I kicked his foot.

“Shut up, Sammy. Let Cas do all the talking.” I whispered.

He just rolled his eyes at me. I shook my head an turned back to hear Cas in the middle of talking.

“….you’re adopted. And I knew your parents, before they died. We all three did.”

She sucked in a breath, Cas was looking at her. If I didn’t know any better, he actually looked concerned. I always thought Angels didn’t feel normal human emotions. Guess they’re capable of them, more than they let on. Huh. Who Knew. I grunted and watched as she sat there, shell shocked. I couldn’t take it anymore… I had to break the frustrating silence.

“Well, uh, at least you know the truth know.” I tried to smile at her.

Sam whacked me on my head and gave me the perfect bitch face of his. I glared at him as I rubbed my head.

“Tell me.”

Her eyes were closed and she was barely talking above a whisper.

“What?”

“Tell me… Everything. About my parents. What I am… Tell me everything.”

“It’s a very long story Illianna…”

“I’ve got time.”

Cas opened his mouth to talk, when the door opened. And in came all 5 of the boys. Holding blankets, water, food, and cleaned and folded clothes. I internally sighed, frustrated, once again with these 5 boys. I shook my head as they all flurried around the room. Illianna looked over at me exasperated. ‘Later’ I mouthed at her. She nodded. It was going to be a long night.