Chapter 8: My Angel

---- 3 weeks later -----

It has been three weeks. Three whole weeks.I was defeated, broken, sick, and lifeless. I had given up hope on going back home, going back to Liam and the boys. There was no way they could think about looking anywhere in America. Why would they? It's so unexpected to be all the way across seas, that none of them would even bother checking. Sitting in the dim and damp underground tomb, this was all I could think about. Never seeing any of the people I loved ever again. I sobbed quietly, my shoulders shaking uncontrollably. Suddenly, I heard something scrape against the cement, my head shot up instantly. I glanced around the whole tomb, not seeing a single shadow, silouhette, or body.
"Hello," I croaked having not talked in two weeks. "is anybody there?"
I heard something futter lightly. I turned and ended face to face with a man in a tan trench coat. I opened mouth, about to scream, but he covered it quickly. He held up his other hand, gesturing for me to stay quiet. I slightly nodded, wondering whose side he was on. He searched my eyes with his to see if I would stay quiet. He gently lifted his hand away from my mouth. I took a deep shaky breath. I didn't know what to think. Who was he? Was he on my side? Or was he gonna hurt me? For a few minutes we both just sat there, staring at each other. He parted his lips slightly, about to speak, but then his head snapped to the tomb's entrance and he vanished suddenly. "Keep quiet. I'm here to save you, but they can't know I'm here. I'm still here, you just can't see me." I took in a deep shaky breath. So he was a good guy. Okay, but how did he speak to me like that? What in the world was he? How could he turn invisible?
"Looks like you've finally stopped crying. Realized no one is gonna find you?" Meg started taunting mei .
"Probably ran out of tears." Damon muttered.
I overheard his name a few days before, when Meg and him were talking. He was usually quiet and stayed back, in the shadows. But oddly today he was in the light and talking. I stayed quiet. Not giving either of them the satisfication they wanted from taunting me. I gave up already, I hadd no emotions left. Except pain. Pain was something I would always have. But, I welcomed it. It was the only normal, sane and familiar thing I had lately.
"Oh darling, they're still looking for you. They just aren't smart enough to look farther than Europe." Meg sweetly said.
"I know they won't find me." I whispered.
I looked down. I missed them so much. This was killer, being away from the only family I had left. I looked up to see Meg smirking at Damon. He had the same blank expression he always had on, on. She was about to say something when her head snapped up. She looked towards the entrance of the tomb. She looked shocked and worried. She started muttering to herself.
"No... That can't be them..." She glanced at me.
I was confused, that's when I heard the scraping of rocks being moved against each other. Meg said something to Damon and swiftly walked towards the noise, Damon following behind. I heard a soft flutter near me. I jumped a little, seeing the Trench Coat Guy had returned. Before I could say anything he lightly touched my forehead.
"Wha-" I was about to protest when thinggs started to go dark.
The last thing I heard was people shouting when I slumped over, into his arms.